Aa
A
A
Close
vertigo and ear noise
I have dizziness & vertigo for over 2 weeks with INTENSE ear noise.  Have taken Medrol and antibiotics, they did not help.  Taking antivert which helps with dizziness, but not ear nosie.  Sounds like a generator is running in my head along with( ringing, wihich I have had  for years), since last vertigo attck many years ago.  Is there anything that can be done to eliminate the terrible noise?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi.

Aside from these, do you also experience any other symptoms such as hearing loss? Neck pain? Does the dizziness worsen with change in position? Any eye movement symptoms?

The clinical presentation of tinnitus and dizziness can occur in many types of conditions including acoustic neuroma, barotitis media, benign paroxysmal vertigo, cervical spondylosis, eustachian tube disorders, labyrinthitis, meniere's disease, otitis, etc.

The treatment for tinnitus would involve treating the underlying cause. It would be advisable for you to consult an ENT physician to evaluate your condition and do some tests such as audiometry and other hearing tests.

Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi,
It would be advisable that you consult an ENT surgeon at the earliest.
Now though your symptoms do point towards vertigo, the underlying pathology of vertigo needs to be evaluated.
Hence mentioned by DrGodofredoMD, all these conditions can give rise to similar symptoms.
Few of these can be treated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank