Aa
A
A
Close
very sharp pain on the right side of my head
I have a sharp pain on the right side of my head and my temple on my right side is sore.  The pain comes and goes and this just started.  If I am sitting down and stand up at a normal speed I have to sit back down due to the pain...I am not having a headach, because it does hurt all the time?  Just at times this pain happens and i can tell if i stand up the pain will come back.  Makes no sense to me, but i really would like to know if I should be concerned about this?  It just started to happen about a week ago, so I'm not going to the Dr. because i'm thinking I pulled a nerve or something...should i get it checked out?  Any advice would be great.  Thanks a lot!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have been having a similar pain.
For almost 2 weeks now whenever i stand up i get an extreme stabbing pain in my left temple for about 20 seconds and then it dulls down a bit whilat i walk around, eases more so when i lay back down and the same thing happens over and over.
I always drink 3 litres of water everyday and eat healthy and exercise so am confused too.

I hope you find a solution to your pain
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
368886 tn?1466238884
Hello Jason.

It would help if you can get your Blood pressure checked. Some headaches do come and go and change of position does play a role. Have you tried analgesics yet ?

Do you remember of having hurt your neck recently ?

I would recommend that you consult a physician and get this investigated. It will surely throw some insight.

Regards
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into my blood pressure. I have a bad family history of heart attacks at young ages and I'm 32 now.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources