Neurology Expert Forum
vibration sensation when waking from sleep

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Posted By Kathie Winters on June 14, 1997 at 00:43:05:

For  2 years I have had a shaking sensation at the back of my head and upper neck area.  It occurs as I am waking from sleep.  At first it lasted approximately 30-45 seconds.  I went to a doctor who said it was muscle twitches. To be honest, I'm not convinced that that is the case. It feels like it it deeper inside, rather than close to the skin.
In the past 2 months other things have been occuring, thought I don't know if they are significant or related. I will suddenly feel a vibration sensation in various parts of my body such as my leg, finger, stomache, toe. The sensation is similar to touching something with a runninig motor, like the vibration from touching a refrigerator. I cannot see the skin or muscle moving, I just feel it internally.
At times I can hear the vibration in my left ear, which sounds like tapping.  It is not my heart beating.  One day I could hear the heart beat too, and it was about half the speed.  
For the past 3 weeks I get this bad taste in my mouth.  I can't tell what it tastes like, but it's not a normal taste.  This comes and goes as well.  
At times my hands feel like they are overstimulated.  (I know this sounds so strange.) I also have slight pains between the joints in my fingers that come and go.
I am wondering what this is so I can decide if I can just ignore it or if further medical treatment is advised.