Neurology Community
vibrations throughout body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

vibrations throughout body

i am a 58 yr female i do have type 2 diabetes,hypothyroidism,muscle spasms and restlesslegg syndrome, all of which are treated with medications.
i thought i was going crazy this past january, when my whole body started to vibrate(like holding a purring cat) it only effected me at night mainly. i havent been tested, i did speak to a doctor ( not mine,in the er, she had never heard of this vibration thing,and laughed.)   now i know its real and not something that a doctor should laugh at. can it really be related to diabetes or is it a secondary symptom of one of the other problems i have?
Donna

This discussion is related to vibrations throughout body.
Donna,

I am a 30-year old female and have recently been experiencing exactly what you are describing. It feels like I am leaning up against a generator and no one else can actually see me shaking, but I am. I recently had some blood work to test my ANA levels and they were pretty high, with a pattern indicative of Scleroderma or Lupus. However, it seems that other people on this forum have been experiencing this same sensation and none of them except for one or two has an autoimmune disorder like I do. My doctor and specialist could not give me any help as to what I was describing. They were at a loss! Fortunately, it doesn't bother me too much, now that I know it is not going to automatically kill me. I would still like to know what is going on though. On another message board, someone said that their doctor told them that restless leg syndrome could settle anywhere in the body. That is interesting to me because I see that you have RLS and I believe that I do too, though I have not been diagnosed yet.
Hello.

It is really difficult to diagnose you body vibrations. Many times muscle fasciculations are described as vibrations. If you can differentiate between the two, and feel that this is a distinct problem, we may think of whole body vibration syndrome. You may also have read it on the internet. But the cause for it is always related to working with any vibrating machine.

Regards
I am having this problem too and no one can tell me what's wrong! At first the vibrations were only in my leg..and sometimes my arm. Now it is my entire body....it mostly happens right when I lay down for bed, but it's now happening just by sitting down. Sometimes my body will vibrate for 20-30 minutes and then it just shuts off....and then comes back.
I feel that this is totally abnormal, but what can I do if the doctor's don't have an answer?
I have had PN for 6yrs, and 1 of my symptoms is a vibration that runs right through my entire body and I also have RLS.I'm not implying you have PN but the symptoms are similar.And 1 more thing, you have Diabetes and that usually goes hand in hand with PN......I hope its not PN for your sake....Hugs...Timus...
I am 43 and I have had the same vibrations happen to me always at night or if I am napping. I have scleroderma ( judt scar tissue on my back) but it is like my whole body is paralyzed and my whole body vibrates, I have had it happen where it has happened in just my mouth and it felt like my teeth were going to fall out. It is some what comforting to know that it is not just happing to me.
Mark
I am 20 and this is one of my symptoms that I am currently going to a neurologist for. It is terrible! I describe it like a shivering feeling on the inside. My nerves are all shivering. sometimes it is my entire body and other times its just my legs or upper body.
I am trying to track down this feeling that all of you are somewhat describing. I do not have any underlying problems and am not on any medications though.

I can only describe the sensation as intense 'vibrations' on the inside of my entire body. It only lasts for about 10-30 seconds max. I can even hear the vibrations - but no one can see it on the outside. There is no pain, just unusual almost paralyzing feeling. I can even feel the vibrations in my mouth! This has only occured about 10 times in my whole 24 years of life.

A few years have went by without this happening, but I had one of these episodes in my sleep/dream a few nights ago and it had me worried. Although it is not painful and has never interfered with my daily grind - I would like to know what this is and be assured that this is not an underlying issue to something serious.

I though about seeing a nurologist, but I feel like he would look at me like I was crazy! I can't link this to ANYTHING. Any adivce or direction would be appreciated.
nd community-based harassment)  
Do you  think this could be true?  And if it is, is the medecal commuity aware of what is going on?This is what I have sent  to Med Help.  Yet I did not have any answer.
For more then 20 years I have been having "molecules vibrations" ( this expression is not even totally accurate). These "vibrations" on the inside of my entire body, mostly in the Solar Plexus but also at time, in my legs, head, heart.. really affect my whole life. This was accompanied,  at times, with an under skin burn at the point that, for example, some mornings my face is so red that I have the feeling of having a sun burn.  Added to that, tinnutus and a sound in my ear plus actually at times a big sleepiness. and diahrroeas. I saw many doctors, had many exams... Nothing....
A group of people on internet  who have the same symptoms pretend that they are victims of micro waves, ultra or infra sounds weapons, RFID ( radio frequency ..) etc.  This  is some times,  also accompanied with gang stalking harrassment. I also experimented this gang stalking.  
This group people  think that they are guinea pigs for the governement and  pharmaco-medico militaro-industry.  Here are few of these  web sites: http://www.mindjustice.org  and also http:// www.cathcanada.org  (citizen against technological and community-based harassment)  Do you  think this could be true?  And if it is, is the medical community aware of what is going on?
Here is the E -mail I sent to Med Help.  Up to now I did not have any answer:  Without being paranoid, could this be the reason  why  we are having vibrations?

For more then 20 years I have been having "molecules vibrations" ( this expressionis not even totally accurate) mostly in the Solar Plexus but also at time, in my legs, head, heart... This was acompanied,  at times, with an under skin burn at the point that, for example, some mornings my face is so red that I have the feeling of having a sun burn.  Added to that, tinnutus and a sound in my ear plus actually at times a big sleepiness..I saw many doctors had many exams... Nothing.... A group of people on internet  who have the same symptoms pretend that they are victims of micro waves, infra or infra sounds weapons, RFID ( radio frequency ..) etc.which is also accompanied with gang stalking harrassment  and that they are guinea pigs for the governement and  pharmaco-medico militaro-industry. I also experimented this gang stalking.  Here are few of these sites :http://www.mindjustice.org  and also http:// www.cathcanada.org  (citizen against technological and community-based harassment)  Do you  think this could be true?  And if it is, is the medical community aware of what is going on?
I have a question - in this discussion and in another one with similar issues, 'cat purring' symptoms, people have held their breath, but im wondering - can people try changing the actual rate they breath at, to see if this has an effect?

I have experienced similar vibrations on waking up, most frequently after drinking alcohol - there would be a hangover present, vibrations would occur on waking, I would fall back asleep and wake up again with no hangover.

I had tried changing the rate at which I was breathing and had noticed a change/diminishment of the vibrations. I'd like to know if anyone else has a similar experience.

I have had full body vibration for 6 months to a year, but not that often. Since I live in a land where there are earthquakes, I though I was feeling minor shudders in the earth. This only happens when I am in bed. This past week I woke from a very intense dream (good, not a nightmare) to realize I was feeling the vibrations again. I do not hold my breathe. I just lay there and wait for them to pass. The only condition I have is mild high blood pressure. Could this be an underlying condition in all the cases? I am in my 70s. It would be nice to know what this is all about. Perhaps we need an expert who is not just a neurologist to consider this.
I can completely relate to what you have said.  

The frequency and intensity of the vibrations change with alcohol consumption, the more I have the worse the vibrations.

I too have tried changing my breathing, by slowing it down and relaxing, taking slow deep breaths, and it definitely seems to help diminish and lessen the vibrations.  

I would really love to know what is causing these vibrations.  I am having an MRI next week because I am having problems with my back, neck and jaw (TMJ).  

This all started about then, which was about 1 month an a half ago.

I am also suppose to be going for an EMG, however, I haven't received notification yet of the appointment.  I'm very interested in seeing if this will provide any answers.

I have noticed a huge difference in my muscle ability, and when I get tired from exercise or lifting, the vibrations begin. I also noticed that sometimes when the alarm goes off when I wake up in the morning it sets off the vibrations as well.

I have been getting vibrations in my legs for several years.  I am 44 and I think it stems from Diabetes 2.  I emailed Natures Sunshine scientists and they told me to take Alpha Lipoic Acid.  I took it for 1 year and it was so helpful.  It isn't working lately and I am very frustrated.  Now I have numbness along with vibrations and I keep thinking how am I going to feel in 10 years.  If you get any more info please let me know.  
i vibrate also normally when i'm laying down or when i wake up in the morning. i hate telling dr.'s this is happing they think its anxiety or think i'm crazy. i just found out i also have gastroparisis with and unknown origin. have loss tones of weight and feel weak. i'm also very cold when everyone else is confortable. the vibrations i feel drive me crazy mostly because i don't know why i'm feeling this way.  if we are all feeling this way i would think the medical communtiy would be more aware of this problem and would know what it was, or at least have heard of it and not look at you like your crazy when you tell them about it.  i wish someone could tell us whats going on when this occurs.
I awake most morning and I feel like a cat that is purring. Only on one occasion has this actually went outside that someone could notice. I am hypothyroid and take armour thyroid, my ana levels are high, and I was taking lisinopril for high blood pressure. I read that the lisinopril will give you many different side effects and one included tremors. I have been off of lisinopril for almost 2 weeks. I have added a large doze of omega 3 and lecitin and minerals everyday.I also added walking and some bike riding during the week. I have seen a slight difference, but still I do purr a little on most mornings.  Oh, I had my thryoid checked and the levels were fine, and had a needle asperation done since I had several nodules on my thyroid , they came back negative, too. I have always attributed my purring to the thyroid. But I still question and to what levels are really high, low or fine. I am a 57 yr old woman in good health, slightly over weight. Blessings & Grace,
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The causes of symptom of vibration are diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, Vitamin B12 metabolism, and perhaps inflammatory disorders and nerve problems .As you have diabetes and hypothyroidism , the vibrations are due to the same. Please discuss the present symptoms with the physician and know the management plan . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

I first noticed the "humming " in my body about 4 years ago. It may seem to worsen, but over time I realize that it is just more noticeable when things are quiet-it is more of a constant background feeling.(kind of like only noticing the refrigerator noises at night when everything else is shut down- during the day things are so busy you don't notice it)
It has been very hard to describe to anyone, but those of you here know the feeling. I have described it as a vibration, buzzing, ants running thru my blood (not so accurate), but I think 'humming is more accurate. I also associate it with a weak feeling.  
I am not a drinker, average-3 to 4 drinks per month
my medical history includes breast cancer, with surgery, radiation and chemo in 2004
I also am in the early stages of hemochromotosis (too much iron in blood due to my body storing it instead of dispersing it)
I have been gaining weight without lifestyle or eating changes.(30 lbs since 2004)
I am not under any extra stress
Lately I have had sudden bouts of vomitting without nausea, especially after working out (these, while unsettling, are infrequent)
When it first happened, I had decided to stop taking effexor which was prescribed for hot flashes due to forced menopause from the cancer treatments. When I called the dr. about it they told me that was the cause. This obviously is not the case as I started the meds again and it  is still with me now.

Hi everybody,
Ive had the exact same problem in my jaw after that my wisdom-tooth broke the jawbone, leaving a pointy looking bone-shape. It´s sending vibrations through my head and body in a very very very annoying way. In the beginning I was in the hospital for 3 weeks due to the intensity of the vibrations. I believe the vibrations is due to that the bone cant hold the pressure of the muscles, it becomes a bit unstable and start to vobble. With time, the frequency has changed as the bone had changed - the pointy shape is now almost gone (its like the body is breaking it down). However I have still alot of problems from the vibrations, and it´s been 4.5 months now.

I believe it will stop once the bone is "stable" enough to hold the muscles.

The only cure for this, if my assumtations are correct, is probably.
1. Make a surgery to make the bone "stable".
2. Make the bone stronger (eat Kalcium and Vitamin D)
3. Wait until the body has smoothen out the bone so it stops to vobble.

Hugs to all of you, you are not alone!
//Johan
I know exactly what you mean. I know that it all sounds crazy, but I was just looking for a medical explanation for this. I have researched much into gov. micro-waves, and actually do believe that ONE time, it was used on me and my wife. But otherwise, I just thought the vibrating was unrelated. This would be some sort of thing that the medical field should look into. But they aren't going to. It is like you are in a magnetic field and vibrating, or resonating to a frequency. I am glad to see that there are thoughts relating these events. I will look more into this possibility now, since there is no consensus on a medical reason for it, besides speculation. But I also have tinnitus recently after the vibrating started. It all happens randomly. But vibrations will also happen after I wake up.
while looking up more info, this may simply be a direct effect of microwaves and EMR that are all around us, such as radio towers and WI-FI, cell phones and so on. Here is medical research on this: http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:hOgCFNiXSScJ:www.next-up.org/pdf/DoYouHaveMicrowaveSicknessPaulRaymondDoyon.pdf+symptoms+microwave+emr+victim&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

It has been linked with RLS as well, among a plenitude of other effects!

I have the vibration as well.  One night I was laying in bed (trying to sleep) and all of a sudden I felt a vibration go up both my legs at the exact same time, through my torso, into the back of my skull, up around and into my forehead!  It felt like a zipper being pulled up all around my body.  It did not hurt.  Since then I have had the vibrations almost 24/7 to varying degrees.  I have fibromyalgia.  My neurologist said he has heard of this before.  It's basically nerves that have gone awry.  I have many of the other symptoms that have been mentioned above as well.  I hope it eventually goes away.
I am so sick of these vibrations, they started in my left leg 4 years ago and  then went in to my other leg  and  now has gone straight up into my chest, It's so bad I can't sleep at night, I feel like something in my chest is flip flopping and my pulse also races, just from a laying postion it is 99 beats per minute. The other day it was bad and it caused my blood pressure to raise and I don't normally have high blood pressure.
I have been to 4 doctors, two which were nero's,  did all the blood work and had MRI's they can't tell me what is wrong with me. This is now screwing with my sleep and totally pissing me off.
I too have vibration on different part s of body , right now its the bottom of right foot, i have had it in my  hands as well . I do have ms and told it is part of that. See a doctor and get a good work up.
I feel your pain I have been to about 5 doc....and no one can see anything wrong...had the vibrations about 2mos i have fibro and nerve damage from a previous surgery.   in a sleep study and the nurse said she saw no change on the reads.   Really  making me crazy and can't believe we have no diagnosis.    I have fibro as well.   I hate it!
This in itself is not a normal body reaction. I was suprised to see the number of people complaining about this problem. I hate to put this out there, but this may be technology that is being directed at you. I know because I have been suffering with this for years. The technology is called Directed Energy & Neurological Weapons. You can learn more at: www.areyoutargeted.com.  We are in a new world.
I-am-happy-and-relieved-to-have-found-this-site.--I-am-a-56-year-old--man.--Other-than-the-common-cold,-I've-been-pretty-healthy.--Two-years-ago-my-Cardioligist-put-me-on-my-first-ever-prescription.."Lipator".--After-two-days-I-stopped-because-my-body-was-trembling,-my-legs-were-moving-all-over-the-place-at-night-or-at-rest.--I-never-again-took-that-or-any-other-Pharmaceutical.  The-trembling-stopped,-I-went-back-to-the-gym,-eat-right,-and-reaped-the-rewards-from-the-right-Neutriceuticals. I-felt-good-for-about-six-months.--But-then-again,-when-at-rest-or-during-the-night,-mostly-at-night,-I-began-to-vibrate.--I-had-my-wife-put-the-palms-of-her-hands-and-apply-slight-pressure-to-all-my-muscles.--She-either-felt-the-vibrations-or-tried-to-comfort-me-with-her-appeasement-:)__either-way,-I-have-been-feeling-it-every-night,--I-noticed-it-most-between-2am-&-3:45am.--I-have-always-related-it-to-the-"Lipator"--So-I-have-not-seen-anyone-mention-that-or-related-drug?--Thanks-for-letting-me-share
I have Lyme disease and my vibration in my legs and muscle spasms is due to a lack of Magnesium.. take some mag and see if it subsides a little and then go get a Lyme Literate Medical Doc to test you for Lyme disease and co infections.. Ticks can have up to a dozen co infections besides Lyme and a full blood work up is necessary by a qualified Doc that knows about this epidemic.. Lyme is the fastest growing disease in America now and many are slipping through the cracks because of faulty testing procedures i went to 30 docs and 7 years before i got the truth and any doc that would laugh at you needs to get another occupation other than a Doc, this is a shame and should never be...
It's a scam.  Among the victims there probably are people who have other illnesses that make them believe these things, fakes who are actually pushing victims into believing nonsense and worse, real victims who have been mislead by the very tactics of suggestibility etc.  How to tell the difference?  Online it's hard to tell, but when you have symptoms that are very particular with no underlying corresponding medical disease to explain them, you are certain they are externally generated since you don't get the symptoms in certain rooms of the house, etc. and you have had many years of abuse with particular tactics linked to human behavior manipulation - false accusations coupled with crimes of the same nature committed against you then a respite before "opportunity" arises to do whatever you had done against you, etc. then I would say indeed, it is a victim of crimes against humanity.

To blend with communities of people who have similar illnesses (eg epilepsy, MCI, ALS, etc) would be like someone taking the syphilis experiment victims in Guatemala and pointing out that other people have syphilis in an attempt to normalize it.  It really is that sick.

The gangstalker thing is a trick.  It involves unwitting victims but only in cities that have been mapped out in order for that trick to be done.  The real stalkers are the arrogant, cowardly, hypocritical human rights abusing scum behind this and the country that obstructs justice for them to do it.

I doubt the medical community knows about it and I even doubt most of the government knows about it since they would find it as offensive and horrendous as any normal person would.  The sad thing is that someone has to know what it is and they don't have enough backbone to expose the program.  They would rather just discredit the victim, continue harassing them until they get to a better country, financially destroy them so that they are unable to get the REAL justice that is due to them.  It's a pathetic country that would allow this.
I am a 25 year old Man or boy depending and been having similar symptoms to inner body vibrations since childhood and no known medical afflictions. Not to sound new age or to offend anyone but have anyone thought that it might not be medical problem at all. It might as well be your body trying to heal it self  through the vibrations from the force that is known as God since he is everywhere if you have a open mind look up chakras or chi mediation. it might help you understand whats going on if no medical issue is found
Unfortunately it may be harassment (especially in US communities). We had those vibrations combined with harassment. Lots of people complaining about the same techniques over and over again. In our case the vibrations were used in a very controlled way during the night to disturb our sleep. I don't think there is any fancy technology behind this. A transducer similar to those in massage devices can do it. Best solution is to change the sleep location. I felt those vibrations in the inner ear. Usually this was acompaigned with leg vibrations. The vibration ended e.g. when pressurizing my ears and closing my nose (like in the airplane or when diving).
I get vibrations all over my body to, I am 38 years old and I workout 3-5 days a week. I have been in shock trauma 2 times, once shot in the arm and had a metal plate put in and the had to take a bone from my hip, that is where I get the vibrations the most. The second time I was in shock trauma was I got hot in the back of the head with a shovel.  I just starte getting these vibrations a month ago , they feel like I have a phone on my side and its vibrating. I've never seen a doctor about it. It happens when I sit or lay down to sleep and I always think my phone is ringing lol, I can even hear it and its very weird.
I'm 63...have recently been diagnosed with Lupus.  I Vibrate!!! I complained to the manager of my apt. building that the floor was vibrating.  I feel it when i lie down in bed.  I feel it now in my butt while I'm typing this note...It's in my lower back...
It's driving me crazy.  My gyno said my pelvic ultra sound is negative.  The neurologist said to come back in three months...he couldn't explain it.  Yesterday my internist prescribed klonapin.  I haven't started to take it yet.
I don't know what to do or where to turn.
I'm cw a woman vibrating in Los Angeles
i have had these vibrations for about 10 years on and off. They are starting to get highthened, like i am changing somehow. I too lay there and wait for it to be over, like someone else is in control it is kinda strange. I have been all over looking it up and the doctors neverr heard of it. I started realizing i think this may be an outside force, and i am not crazy. and why do all of us wait till its over and not try to get up? hmmm... I am a very spiritual person and it seems to happen me during this heighthened Spirituality. I have often wondered if there is some truth to this changing of the human DNA during this tme of the Awakening of mankind? I too feel more lighter after it is over and in less pain. I don't have any disorders other than arthritis
Wow, you are probably right. Thanks