Neurology Expert Forum
videos of seizures
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

videos of seizures

Five years ago, my brothers' son was diagnosed with epilepsy.  He is now 33 years old and a husband and father of two small boys.  His seizures have been controlled with medication .  On more than one occasion however, he has "forgotten" to take his medicine.  My brother believes that this is not true; he thinks his son is in denial and purposely doesn't take it thinking that he has "beaten" the illness.  This has resulted in serious seizures at work and at home in front of his little boys.  Whatever the reason he is doing this is something their family must resolve.  My question is this - are there any videos out there of someone having a grand mal seizure to show him?  He seems to think that it's "no big deal"  and that his seizures aren't frightening to his family and friends.  We are worried that he will have one when he is alone with his children or worse, driving them somewhere.  My brother feels that if his son were to observe a grand mal seizure he would realize the seriousness of his situation.  Any information you might have would certainly be appreciated.  Thank you.  
====================================================
I would suggest that you contact the Epilepsy Foundation Of America, they have numerous publications and informational materials and i suspect that one of their first aid videos wloud probably be the ideal material for you to use.
I have attached a link to their website bit since my computing skills are alittle suspect I will also write the websire address here .......http://www.efa.org

Epilepsy Foundation