Aa
A
A
Close
vision goes dark
I am a 21 year old biology senior who has started having episodes of my vision darkening at any activity or at rest. I've become very fearful when this happens because 5 years ago after having mono, I would have these "blackouts" to the point my legs became too weak to walk (bilaterally, both at the same time). At that time I was hostitalized and had tons of labs, spinal taps, mri's etc.  All they found was a low cholestrol level. And my weakness slowly went away. Seizure meds seemed to make me worse. Eeg's were negative and I wore a cardiac moniter and did have some rapid bursts I could feel.  The cardiologist did not put me on meds. The blackened periods I felt didn't seem to be at the times I had palpatations. My friends heard me talking like a little child and rushed me to the school nurse. I am going into med school and would like to know Your thoughts. I'm afraid of loosing my ability to walk again. I am just getting over one of the worst cold I ever have had.  During this cold is when this all seemed to get started again.  Respectfully,  Mar
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources