Neurology Community
wake up with throbbing head pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

wake up with throbbing head pain

Lately in the last month every tie i go to sleep i wake up with my head throbbing and it is the most excrutiating and scary pain ive ever felt before.. feels like my brain is going to explode. sometimes it happens on night ive had sweets before bed but i check Blood sugar 2 hours after i eat not all the time but kinda regularly and its always pretty normal and ive checked my blood pressure and its usually fine so i dont know what is wrong with me and it is hard to take care of my son when i wake with these pains and the pain only lasts for 30 mins or so and then when i cough it hurts or bend over.. sometimes when i bend over i get alot of pressure in my head also or laying down on my stomache puts pressure on my head i just really really need help figuring out what is wrong with me ...PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
Hi!
Poor sleep patterns like sleep apnea, restless sleep can trigger a headache in the mornings. Sinusitis is another cause of morning headaches. It could also be cluster headache, migraine, or tension headache. Sometimes migraines do not have triggers. You could also be having ‘benign intracranial hypertension’ (BIH). This happens due to impaired CSF absorption. A generalized throbbing headache worst felt in the morning and last thing at night. This headache is generally relieved on standing (consistent with raised intracranial pressure). It is aggravated by straining, coughing or a change in position. Please consult a neurologist.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thank you , i dont get much sleep and am always stressed out i have a 19 month old son who tends to be bad at times and leaves me with alot of cleaning up through out the day and late nights cause he is very hard to put to sleep at night and i am obese  which i dont know if this has anything to do with it or not but basically i am always stressed and hardly ever sleep i get alot of water retention in my ankles and i have very bad arthritis and it makes it very difficuly for me to do things i am 21 and have had arthritis since i was 13 . i do not have a regular docter and havent been genuinely examined in years .. for a few years and still today i have and have had severe panic disorder and severe anxiety and have a phobia of medicines... i dont know what to do im just so stressed and confused and have so much on my mind and so much to do