Neurology Community
walking upside down

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

walking upside down

I have been suffering,for two weeks, with severe head pressure and pain, nausea, and dizziness. I feel confused and shaking at the best of times and immobilized by the pain at the worst. I also have intestinal issues. I am a teeth grinder and I was wondering if these symptoms can be caused by grinding teeth or should I look into other causes.
I do remember reading somwhere that teeth grinding can cause ongoing pain and other problems in the day.  Certainly it is worth talking to your dentist about this.  Regarding the other symptoms, these sound acute and for the early attention of your doctor.  Severe head pain should always be taken seriously, especially with your acompanying nausea and dizziness.   I strongly suggest you see your doctor tomorrow so they can assess whether this is a medical emergency or suggest what is going on.  If the pain is so severe it is immobilizing you then you can also take this to the emergency department.  They will not dismiss you with these symptoms and can quickly assess whether you need immediate treatment or not.  Hopefully all is well, in which case you do need to work with your doctor and your dentist to determine the cause and way forward of your jaw and intestinal problems.  Let us know how you get on.