Neurology Community
what are the chances

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

what are the chances

MY SON WAS BORN LAST YEAR ON DECEMBER 21ST. MY ORIGINAL DUE DATE WAS DECEMBER 13TH I WAS INDUCED ON THE 19TH AT 8PM BUT MY SON WASN'T BORN TILL 6:AM ON THE 21ST HE WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD AT 6:22AM AT AROUND 7:40 AM I WAS HOLDING MY SON AND SAYING MY GOODBYES WHEN I NOTICED HIM BREATHING. THE DOCTORS ARE AMAZED WITH EVERYTHING MY SON IS ABLE TO DO AND ALTHOUGH I COULDN'T BE ANYMORE THANKFUL I CAN'T HELP BUT WOUNDER IF THIS COULD OF ALL BEEN PREVENTED. I FEEL THE LABOR N DELIVERY STAFF MADE A BIG MISTAKE MY WATER WAS BROKEN  AT 2:PM ON 12/20/07 MY SON WASN'T BORN UNTIL 6:AM ON 12/21/07 THAT IS 16 HOURS LATER I WAS OVER WEIGHT, OVER DUE, AND IN MY EYES THOSE ARE TWO HIGH RISKS WHILE IN LABOR. MY SON HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH H.I.E BUT SINCE THERE WAS A LARGE LACK OF OXYGEN HE WASN'T EVEN EXPECTED TO BREATH ON HIS OWN I AM VERY HAPPY TO SAY MY SON ROLLED OVER LAST MONTH FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HE IS BREATHING ON HIS OWN AND MOVES. WHAT I'D LIKE ANSWER IS SINCE MY SON HAS SHOWN A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT WILL THAT CONTINUE I'VE NOTICED THAT HIS HEAD IS NOT GROWING THE WAY IT SHOULD AND THAT HIS VISUAL FOCUS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL PLEASE HELP ME OUT I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

THANX A BUNCH,
                                                                                            A DESPERATE MOTHER!      
Hello Dear,
I can understand your concern.God has been really kind.You should consult a good paedritician and undergo all the investigations to rule out any pathology.Until a complete evaluation is done nothing can be commented upon.Medical science has advanced very much and there is scope of improvement of almost all the diseases,so be optimistic and hope for the best.
Best