Neurology Community
what does it meen when you have calcium deposits on your brain?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I was told today by my neurologist that a brain ct scan showed that I have calcium deposits on my brain, I'm just wondering what this meens in general.  Is this normal for everyone to have some calcium deposits on their brain? Does this have to be treated in some way or will it just eventually go away? I'm a 21yr old female. Is this always the sign of a disease or something or is it something that just sometimes shows up for no reason? Thankyou very much for any advice.

It will help us know what your current symptoms are and also why did you consult a neurologist. Calcium deposits in the brain can be completely benign or can occur due to more serious causes like stroke, migraines, calcification can also occur inside a brain tumor or a brain cyst.
It is important to correlate these findings with your symptoms and results of clinical exam.

I  in may of 08, had woke up one morning and apparently did my normal routine when i woke up, when i got to work my co-workers knew something was not normal with me, I vagely remember acouple people confronting me( dont have clue what was said though), I gues I said I had a head ache and felt sick, they tryed asking me questions I couldnt answer them, so I was taken to hospital, they did CT on me ,then sent me home after they didnt know why I did that but did see acouple calcium spots. Then next day ( by time we left I had came to.) I was sitting on my couch and started to notice my eye balls felt like they ws shaking, moving back and forth, my daughter got in front of me and looked she could see them moving alittle, I went in to hospital again they did MRI, then I went and saw a specialist who said he's seen calcium spots like what I had, he said for me to have another MRI in few months to compare the two, so I did just have another, had to see a different specialist because of insurance, she sent me lettr saying I have a small benign calcification on the Falx. Not sure if she compared the two though?It showed no tumor or mass I guess , but was wandering , I was told this is caused from migrains, I was having lots of headaches, but never knew they was migrains, just trying to get more information, can it get  worse , they saw 3 white spots. Should I do a nother MRI sometime later to make sure they arent growing? I am 40 yrs. as of Jan.
I forgot to say I also was having frequent flashing in my eye sight that someties seemed to be trigered by some noise, and would start out as a spot then grow into a C in the outer part of my eye sight,  would last as long as 40 min. then would sometimes feel a slight headache,or tired afterwards. Is that normal??
Husband 51 yrs old experiancing migrains, vision problem, left side tingly, memory problems
thought might of had stroke but mri w and W/o contrast showed a 6mm calciumfied on the left side of in the cma stated that there is blood flow Can you explain this  Was refered to Nurosurgeon but appt not for 1 month Schuduled another type of CatScan and I need answers What is this size 6mm compaired to in the CMA  treatments and systoms  Husband had 10 stents and 3 bypasses in 2007 Resporty failure and COPD