what does this mean?
Hi my 11mth old son recently had an MRI because his consultant noticed he had a slightly larger head, the results came back as significant cortical atrophty with mild to moderte ventricular dilations and widened extra cerebral cfs spaces. My son was born 6 weeks early and had respiratory distress syndrome and was on cpap for 6 days, he also had suspected sepsis followed by pulmonary interstitial emphysema.
I understand that the dilated ventricales and widened cerebrall space is an idicator of hydrocephalus but im really not sure what cortical atrophy is,what has caused it and what can ne done.
My son up until now is developing normally and is crawling, eating and trying to talk like any other 11 month old.

Please could someone give me some advice and im going out of my mind with worry.

thank you in advance xx
I'm sure that you are very concerned. With what you have offered on here, and with only the MRI to go by it would not be safe or fair to tell you anyting but to follow up with the doctors that ordered the MRI. It's positive that your son is currently developing normally and doing things like crawling. Take one day as it comes.