what is T2 hyperintensity?
My husband's MRI report  is showing MULTIPLE  T2 HYPERINTENSITIES NOTED IN PERIVENTRICULAR WHITE MATTER IN BILATERAL FRONTAL AND PARIETAL LOBES..what does this report means? I wanted to know about T2 hyperintensities and is that curable or not?
Hi, Thank you for your question. Your reports suggest that it might be white matter disease. In white matter disease or microvesicular ischemic disease of brain, pathology is associated with the brain white matter, either exclusively or in combination with grey matter changes. It occurs due to metabolism errors, exogenous toxins released by virus, autoimmune disease, leukodystrophy, demyelination, and radiation effects. Spasticity, muscle weakness, paralysis, hyper-reflexia and movement disorder may be the clinical features associated with white matter disease that need to be evaluated thoroughly. However, it is sad to say that there is no permanent cure but conservative treatment & physiotherapy exercises that would help you to regain your normal function and stopping the further progression of the disease. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.