what is a lesion on the spinal cord?
I really want to know in the most simplified terms what a lesion on the spinal cord is?
What information that is available about what they are etc is really quite doomy and gloomy

what do they do? are they good or bad? what kind of treatment is there? what kind of effects etc?

One has been found on my spinal cord in the cervical area, the results I was given (post MRI) suggest other suspicion's and I'm still waiting on more investigations.
But in the mean time I am trying to find an objective answer to what has been found so far, as I'm having trouble coming to any real understanding.
Hello Dear,
A spinal lesion is an area of spinal cord that appears abnormal. In the case of an MRI scan, a lesion is an area that doesn't appear normal on the image.Such abnormal lesions are present in various comditions like multiple sclerosis,stenosis,ALS etc.They may cause neurological symptoms.Unless the diagnosis is done the treatment cannot be suggested.
Best
thank you.

I will hopefully know more about what exactly its doing to my body very soon, its been over 4 weeks since I ended up with pins and needles in my finger's and from the waist down. I was starting to get positive when the feeling came back into my feet  and lower legs less than a week ago, or at least it feels like light sand between my toes now. It's still in my fingers, kind of like they feel really cold or they've been in the water for too long sensation.

I haven't been sick in the past year, but I have been a little stressed and very sad.

can stress trigger the pins and needles reaction?
Hello Dear,

Stress is a reaction, either real or imagined, to situations, events or people. We may experience symptoms of anxiety, worry, , pins & needles, sweating or nausea when we are suffering from stress.
It may lead to degenerative changes causing various symptoms.Psycho somatic disease may occur when the cause is at the level of mind and travels to the body causing somatic symptoms.You should relax and avoid stressful events.Once the diagnosis gets confirmed you should start the treatment as soon as possible.
Best