what is the meaning of my brain mri report ?
my mri (dated 15.02.2013) report reads:
1.lacunar chronic infarct is seen in right paramedian aspect of pons.
2.small gliotic areas are present in left frontal deep white matter appearing hyperintense on T2 and FLAIR sequences.
3.note is made of small cyst in left hippocampus.
Hi there!

The report describes:
1. Dead tissue (infarct) in a part of the brainstem (right paramedian pons) possibly secondary to reduced blood supply.
2. Scarring (gliosis) present in another part of the brain (left frontal region).
3. A small fluid filled cavity is noted in a different part of the brain (hippocampus).
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks a lot for sparing your valuable time to post a reply. I, being a non medical person, am interested to know whether these conditions lead to serious problems in future? The neurologist asked for brain M.R.I.as i have been suffering from vertigo (and now IMBALANCE while walking). The doctor has said that the observations in the mri are not very serious. He has prescribed Vit. B12 injections and Tab. Stugeron for my present ailment.
According to you should i consult somewhere else for the treatment.My age is 61 years.
regards,
Y.C.Sharma.