what to expect after meningioma brain surgery?
what to expect after meningioma brain surgery? i need to know in detail of 7days at hospital i mean about the pain,painkillers.. n swelling..bleding n tests to be done every day...n from 8thday at home what kind of activities can be done by the patients. does a patient need some one to help at home n how long it take for the patient to turn as a normal n healthy person? when can the patient gets his r her hair back? when can he r she can start gong for job, workout, swimming? if the patient is a female can she breast feed?
All cases are different. so I can only give my own experience after my  meningioma tumor was removed three months ago. After returning home four days post surgery I was able to perform minimal chores. I was able to relax and sleep after taking the anti seizure medication twice daily. For the first month I had occasional dizzy attacks when I laid down and got up.  I am still feeling tenderness without pain where the tumor was previously located on the right side of my brain. My neuro- surgeon could not entirely remove the stem  because of possible nerve damage. Prior to and after my first post op appointment I was told not to immerse my head in water though I can gently wash and rinse it. The incision is healed and I will ask the doc at my next appointment tomorrow if I can resume swimming as also if and when I can drive and when I am weaned off the anti seizure meds  Last week I went for an MRI that showed no active growth.  I must say I have experienced  sharp needle like pangs in the area where the tumor was removed and last week the dizzy spells came back for a few days. I am wondering if this is a result of healing. I am feeling fine other than some minor side effects from the anti seizure medication.