when my child bumps her head her skin on her face and body turn red
Hello I have a 10 year old daughter that when she bumps her head, or we comb her hair or even tug on her hair her body and face turn red and she is hot like flushed all over and mild headache what is causing this, it only occurs when the spot on her head is hit or touched or bumped or pulled on no one can fugure out why her whole face and skin color turns bright red. Help us.
How is your daughter? This could be associated to a condition called  red ear syndrome wherein one or both ears become extremely red and hot to the touch with associated pain or tenderness.Episodes may be triggered with simple actions like chewing or drinking, coughing, sneezing and even turning the neck rapidly in a single direction” or touching an earlobe. The cause is unknown but may be associated with migraine headaches, joint dysfunction, and prolonged periods of stress or anxiety.  One study  suggests it is related to activation of the trigeminal-autonomic reflex. If it persists, have this evaluated further by a neurologist. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hello, I read your post and her ears dont get flushed its her face and her arms and legs. Her skin turns bright red. She has no pain meaning headache or migraine as you suggest. No other episode trigger the flushed color and weird sensation she develops on her scalp along with the lump that swells then goes down.

Its just whenever she combs a particular part of her scalp, there is a part that  starts to swell like a lump a lump on her scalp. She gets RED and hot all over. Then it subsides with the use of cold packs.

You are suggesting red ear syndrome???
It may be associated with this neurologic issue and not necessarily the specific red ear syndrome. They may be associated with the same pathophysiology or cause since specific triggers causes the same redness. In your daughter's case, she gets red and hot all over ( the same also with the said syndrome but in the ears). She may benefit from a referral to a neurologist to rule this out. Hope all is well and best regards.
Hello doctor I wrote to u a while ago we finally have a name for my daughters problem, she has mastocytosis