Neurology Community
white spots on the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

white spots on the brain

My husband had an mri done back in August, because he was dizzy allot and his vision was weird, well in the MRI they found white spots in his brain, which they have linked to a hole in his heart. Which we have delt with that and he's going to have sergery (surgery) to have that fixed, but now we're being told that the white spots on his brain are brain damage and could be maybe MS, how are white spots on his brain linked to MS, I thought that was a muscular disease???
I also had a mri and they said there was little white spots on it and they told me when i asked , they see if on a few patience but have no idea what or why they are there..
what symptoms did he have that took them to his heart??
Hope all goes well for him..
Jk
I just had mine done and the doctor told me that it isnt m.s. and that the spots are common in people like me that have headaches or migraines. My vision is acting up, floating spots and wierd stuff. my hands and feet go numb at various times and I drop things. I'm always tired and I have already been told I am bi-polar and have irritable bowel syndrome. I go for nerve testing this coming week. My right hand likes to curl up in a soft fist. I'm tired of this ongoing of not knowing what to do. I also have ringing in my right ear and have had it for about 5 years now. I was told this was tinnitus and there is no cure. There are days that I don't want to even face the day. depression hurts and so does my hips and knees. I'm a mess and well I better stop there. D.K.
I have MS and the MRI would be the first clue, the final diagnosis would come from a Spinal Tap and the presence of Cerebral Fluid in the Spinal Fluid, meaning the MS has demylentated and caused brain nerve tissue to "fall" away and into the fluid.
MS is NOT a muscular disease, although it can appear to be.
It is an autoimmune disease wherein the body attacks its own brain, specifically the mylen (tissue covering the nerves) in the brain and/or the Spine.  The damage to this tissue interrupts neuro-transmissions, so it looks muscular because the brain can't get the signal to the legs, arms etc as to what they're supposed to do... No instructions from the brain, no response from the limbs.  It is a disease of the Central Nervous System and is no fun.  Good Luck to all.