Neurology Community
white spots on the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

white spots on the brain

My husband had an mri done back in August, because he was dizzy allot and his vision was weird, well in the MRI they found white spots in his brain, which they have linked to a hole in his heart. Which we have delt with that and he's going to have sergery (surgery) to have that fixed, but now we're being told that the white spots on his brain are brain damage and could be maybe MS, how are white spots on his brain linked to MS, I thought that was a muscular disease???
I also had a mri and they said there was little white spots on it and they told me when i asked , they see if on a few patience but have no idea what or why they are there..
what symptoms did he have that took them to his heart??
Hope all goes well for him..
Jk
I just had mine done and the doctor told me that it isnt m.s. and that the spots are common in people like me that have headaches or migraines. My vision is acting up, floating spots and wierd stuff. my hands and feet go numb at various times and I drop things. I'm always tired and I have already been told I am bi-polar and have irritable bowel syndrome. I go for nerve testing this coming week. My right hand likes to curl up in a soft fist. I'm tired of this ongoing of not knowing what to do. I also have ringing in my right ear and have had it for about 5 years now. I was told this was tinnitus and there is no cure. There are days that I don't want to even face the day. depression hurts and so does my hips and knees. I'm a mess and well I better stop there. D.K.
I have MS and the MRI would be the first clue, the final diagnosis would come from a Spinal Tap and the presence of Cerebral Fluid in the Spinal Fluid, meaning the MS has demylentated and caused brain nerve tissue to "fall" away and into the fluid.
MS is NOT a muscular disease, although it can appear to be.
It is an autoimmune disease wherein the body attacks its own brain, specifically the mylen (tissue covering the nerves) in the brain and/or the Spine.  The damage to this tissue interrupts neuro-transmissions, so it looks muscular because the brain can't get the signal to the legs, arms etc as to what they're supposed to do... No instructions from the brain, no response from the limbs.  It is a disease of the Central Nervous System and is no fun.  Good Luck to all.
What waws yr prognosis I have 20 white spots, my vion acts up too sometimes blurry or not able to focus on things properly I have reading glasses but it also happens to just looking at someone not all the time it comes and goes have floaters , but more like cobwbs or smoke, no glucoma just my one nerve in the eye is a bit narrow, funny sensatin like heviness, that comes on right leg and left hand, at the mment 3 days and the feeling on left forearm only is still there outer area not the inside near arm pit. I hae had migraines / headaches, doing another MRI on brain and spine cant use IV contrast as allergc, they have done a fair bit of blood test but all withing normal range only MH slightly low, phosphate and bicarobonade by . 1 high Lupus, rhumatoid , andtibodies test all ok, will they be able to tell from a blood test if I have issues or should i ask them to do these test at least once a year, God Bless you all
how did they link it to hole in the heart, how many spots did they find, I feel like I am not getting enough oxygen so I just take the ventolin and preventer and it helps but noticed my breating is getting heavy, I dont feel any wheezy as I know what its is like to have asthma jut run out of breath this breathing thing is recent though, I have 20 spots, God Bless
Heather