Neurology Community
why can't I sneeze anymore?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

why can't I sneeze anymore?

I used to sneeze , I have always had allergies, although I have to say they have gotten a lot better without taking medication... now I don't even have the urge to sneeze, but I do have a runny nose a lot of the time.
I do suffer with headaches off and on.

Thanks

This discussion is related to sneezing sensation but unable to sneeze.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have been going through the same thing for about two years, started after a panic attack. About 2 months after I started getting the sensation but no follow thru. A firt I went 4 months without a sneeze 5 months later I went two weeks now its been about a month, no sneeze. I really believe its anxiety related.  Also related to muscle constriction, sternocleidomastoid
Blank
It's been about 4 1/2 total years. I no longer have the temptation to sneeze anymore either. I don't know of any events that occurred that could have volleyed my normal reaction to sneeze. I did start taking some medications during that time period however and I wonder if they had an effect. Could there be certain meds. that could deter us from certain common functions? Antihistamines perhaps?
Blank
Hi, im having the same problem, just wondering if you guys get better and what did u do to get better?

Thanks!
Blank
Hi, did you sort your lack of sneezing problem? Cause im having the same issue...
Blank
I did a backflip in the swimming pool and got a severe sprain in my neck, chest and upper back area for 6 days. But now that pain is completely and 100% gone.

But now I am unable to sneeze after this incident. I get the sensation but no follow up automatic reflex.

I feel in perfect health ... I'm 29years old. Just this inability to sneeze is bugging me. Read somewhere that it could be a damaged nerve which can take a long time to heal....and asked to eat super foods like Rasberries, blue berries, carrots and drink green tea with ginger as they help in nerve repair.

Anyways, this issue does seem harmless as I read that people have gone years without sneezing and no one seems to know why !!

Any advice would be helpful.....
Blank
I have developed the same annoyance recently--a strong sensation to sneeze, but it just goes away.  I don't have any answers.  I take nutritional supplements, so that may have something to do with this business.  I am glad to know others are also irritated with it.  Weird.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank