NEUROLOGY
COMMUNITY
why does my headache come and go?
by radi773, Dec 21, 2012
3 weeks ago i got a really bad headache. it felt like i was punched on the side of my head. i went to er, ct scan no contrast normal. went to my doc, told me nothing was wrong just stress. i have had headaces on and off. mine starts at top very top of the back of my head and can move to the front hairline. in the back part it feels like i am pressing hard with my thumb, when it moves to the front it fells like a burning sensation. has anyone had this? i had a ct scan and it was normal. it is compleletly gone in the morning and comes back in the evening. i was given reglan and benadryl for the headache. also doc prescribed paxil, didnt start that yet. hoping for answers b4 i start it. please anyone relpy?
Member Comments (1)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
by Paderla Anitha, DNB Blank, Dec 31, 2012
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your headaches could be Migraines. They are intense headaches sometimes accompanied by nausea, vomiting and altered visual sensations. Cure can be in terms of avoiding trigger factors.  You can prevent the occurrence of headaches by avoiding trigger factors that induce an attack. Alcohol, smoking, altered sleep patterns, missed meals, loud sounds, odd smells, physical or emotional stress and certain additive foods are known to trigger attacks. In short if you eat a well balanced diet, exercise moderately and lead a stress free life then you will be successful in preventing attacks.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.