Neurology Community
why does the left side of my face twitch
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

why does the left side of my face twitch

Hi i am a 24 y/o male i have been having twitching on the left side of my face, eye, and mouth area sometimes along with dull and sharp pains on the left side of my head that i can pinpoint. I also get a jolting sensation throughout my body, not very often, but can be bothersome to me and noticeable to others. I had noticed today that the left side of my face looks fuller than the right and was twitching or spasming, which also leaves me with a crooked smile that I am uncomfortable with. I am hoping I can get an answer to my problem so it can be taken care of.. thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1156914 tn?1300575229
it could be that you are having mini seizures. otherwise it could be that you have myoclonus which is a fancy medical term for twitches. there are many things that can cause it like trauma, kidney/liver problems, side effects of medication r something simple as a vitamin deficiency. you should go get it checked out to be on the safe side. take care
Blank
The first time it happened to me was after I got home from the hospital when I came out of the coma I went to the hospital and they said I had a major stroke since then I've had 5 minor strokes and that was in 2010 and now when I get over heated the left side of my face(eye nostril and mouth) twitches, I don't know why it's happening to you but next time you might ask your doctor you're probably having ministrokes
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
selmaS