Aa
A
A
Close
why does the left side of my face twitch
Hi i am a 24 y/o male i have been having twitching on the left side of my face, eye, and mouth area sometimes along with dull and sharp pains on the left side of my head that i can pinpoint. I also get a jolting sensation throughout my body, not very often, but can be bothersome to me and noticeable to others. I had noticed today that the left side of my face looks fuller than the right and was twitching or spasming, which also leaves me with a crooked smile that I am uncomfortable with. I am hoping I can get an answer to my problem so it can be taken care of.. thank you.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1156914 tn?1300575229
it could be that you are having mini seizures. otherwise it could be that you have myoclonus which is a fancy medical term for twitches. there are many things that can cause it like trauma, kidney/liver problems, side effects of medication r something simple as a vitamin deficiency. you should go get it checked out to be on the safe side. take care
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
The first time it happened to me was after I got home from the hospital when I came out of the coma I went to the hospital and they said I had a major stroke since then I've had 5 minor strokes and that was in 2010 and now when I get over heated the left side of my face(eye nostril and mouth) twitches, I don't know why it's happening to you but next time you might ask your doctor you're probably having ministrokes
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources