Neurology Community
why does the left side of my face twitch

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi i am a 24 y/o male i have been having twitching on the left side of my face, eye, and mouth area sometimes along with dull and sharp pains on the left side of my head that i can pinpoint. I also get a jolting sensation throughout my body, not very often, but can be bothersome to me and noticeable to others. I had noticed today that the left side of my face looks fuller than the right and was twitching or spasming, which also leaves me with a crooked smile that I am uncomfortable with. I am hoping I can get an answer to my problem so it can be taken care of.. thank you.
it could be that you are having mini seizures. otherwise it could be that you have myoclonus which is a fancy medical term for twitches. there are many things that can cause it like trauma, kidney/liver problems, side effects of medication r something simple as a vitamin deficiency. you should go get it checked out to be on the safe side. take care
The first time it happened to me was after I got home from the hospital when I came out of the coma I went to the hospital and they said I had a major stroke since then I've had 5 minor strokes and that was in 2010 and now when I get over heated the left side of my face(eye nostril and mouth) twitches, I don't know why it's happening to you but next time you might ask your doctor you're probably having ministrokes