winged scapula question.
I have had a winged scapula for about 3.5 months.  Nerve conduction tests showed that there was some nerve impulses being sent but not the normal amount.  All specialists, pt's, chiros and gp's say that time is the only thing that can heal it.  I am super active and when asking them about things I should or shouldn't do they all say the same thing ' to keep being active and doing the things I do unless it causes any kind of pain'.  I have been back lifting weights for a couple months and have not experienced any pain.  The winging is still there, unchanged.  My question really is one about activities.  I need to know what is recommended for weight lifting.  I have gradually been increasing weights as I can and generally go for 10-12 reps of 3-4 sets.  Is it possible that this can cause any more damage to the nerve as it regenerates?  Any info.  would be appreciated as I find the lack of any kind of information from local doctors etc...very frustrating.  Thanks.  
You can use the search function for Medhelp archives, up in the top right corner, to look for previous questions about winged scapula, or scapula winging.
I found this, which was informative:
"Winging of the scapula has THREE causes, each with different nerves and different clinical signs...."  continued
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/neuro/messages/33597.html

From other information I've seen, winging scapula can be caused by an infection or virus.  I've heard of several people with Lyme Disease who have this.

Have you had any other unusual symptoms?
Carol
Hey Carol.  Thanks for the reply.  I'll do a search but more than anything I am just looking for some info. on how a weight program can/cannot cause any damage as a nerve grows back.  It is frustrating because on one side I am being told to do anything as long as there is no pain but internet searches occasionally suggest no lifting of heavy weights.  I would have thought that trying to recruit the nerve in actions would help it to try and grow.  With regards to unusual symptoms, not really anything unusual.  ROM is good, no pain, and strength, other than trying to lift objects above 90 degrees, is all good and mostly equal.  Of course other muscles are compensating for some things though.  
i'm a victim of a winged scapula and it'll be a year since i've touched a weight in 2 weeks.. i was a bodybuilder and now i've lost 30 pounds... it sucks but my neurologist couldn't stress enough for me to not work out... a year later it feels great but i'm having my final checkup in a few weeks... make sure you dont rush the recovery, you can get worse
How long did it take to heal? Are you still having problems?