Neurology Community
worried about my leaning to the left upon wakening along with other sym...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

worried about my leaning to the left upon wakening along with other symptoms

I woke this morning and got up fast as I normally do, but felt dizzy and my whole bodily was leaning to the left as if someone were pushing the upper part of my body that direction. I almost fell going the restroom. I sat for about 15 minutes and it got better, but I was still feeling this sensation a little as I walked back to my bed to lie down again. My eyelid over my right eye was slightly twitching like a muscle spasm and lasted a good half an hour. I have been sleeping alot during the day and this is not normal for me. In the middle of the afternoon while writing on the computer, I will feel a strong sense of eeding to sleep and sometimes barley make it to the bed at the end of the hall to lay down. I fall right to sleep which I can never do at night. I go to bed by midnight or so and wake at 7 am. Never sleep through the night as I always have to wake to urinate or I am coughing. I use three pillows behind my head at night which makes it easier for me to breathe. Lots of swelling in ankles and feet, pain in calves during day and wakes me at night sometimes. I switch letters all the time when I type which is very annoying. I had someone ( a nurse for a cardiac unit)  tell me I might have congestive heart failure due to my wheezing, coughing, swelling and trouble breathing symptoms. Just not sure about this waking up and whole body  leaning to the left when I was trying to walk to the restroom. I also have chronic sinus infections and sudden headaches sometimes that make me stop what I am doing, and I close my eyes tight and rest it out until the pain goes away after a minute or two. The pain is normally behind one eye or between my eye and the side of my face directly next to me eye (can't think of the word right now). Had an MRI about 18 yr.s ago revealed no tumor, they said I hd partial complex seizures, gave me medicine which made me much worse. I stopped taking it and got on something natural, Blue Vervain, that helped alot. Then after about two years I didn't need the supplement because my symptoms had almost entirely vanished.
Wow.  You need a new workup by an internal medicine doc, to make sure your heart and seizure situation is straight.  About that leaning over to one side, it's possible you've got a little vertigo, which would make sense becuz you have sinus trouble.  Until you see the doc, if you're taking any over-the-counter stuff for your nose, I believe there's kinds for daytime use, to help you feel less sleepy in the day.  Also, plain saline spray in the nose a couple times a day helps loosen stuff in there almost as good as drugs.  And then there's another over-the-counter medicine for motion sickness, Meclazine, that sometimes helps vertigo, you can take it at night becuz it will make you sleepy.

But that swelling is worrisome, could be heart, could be diabetes.  Now, your breathing things MIGHT have to do with sinuses, but you've got such a big range of those symptoms that I'm worried about your lungs/heart too.  So, go to a doc and let him investigate you and come up with a proper diagnosis and some new drugs and treatments that will work for you (tell him what DIDN'T work in the past).  Oh, and that face twitch, that's usually from lack of sleep, but again, with your history of seizures, the doc ought to check all that sort of thing out too.  You need a complete new workup.
Thank you for yor suggesitons, I a making an appt. to see a pulmonary doctor and my family physician shortly.  Thank you for geting back to me. :-)