worried about the pins and needles feeling in my left neck
Hello, I have had some problems with my neck, for about 7 months i have had pain in my neck, shoots pins and needles in my left neck, sometimes it's a all day thing, then sometimes it would go away for about a day or two.I also wonder if its my blood vesel to my neck, it's only on my left side neck.I do want to tell you a little about my health,I had a heart attact about one year ago they had to put a stent in me, open the blood flow to my heart...I still had problems, went back about 5 months after the doctor put the first stent in me, he went back up inside my heart put two more stents in me...that when i started to get the pins and needles feeling in my left neck... the medication i am taken is bayer asprin 81 mg , nexium 40 mg , toprol XL 100 mg, Plavix 75 mg, simvastatin 10mg, thought that would be nice for you to know...I really could use your advice what i should have done to see, why my left  neck has this feelings of pins and needles feelings...hope to hear from you ....thank you tim
Have an MRI of the neck. This would rule the cervical area out or in. Then your doctors may have a more complete picture of what is going on.

GOOD LUCK!
I am only 28 and have a similar problem in the right side of my neck.  I have a numbing sensation, kind of like you get when your foot falls asleep and if you run something down the skin on my neck it feels like pins and needles, similar to if you touch your foot when it is asleep.  Also the area is extreamly sensitive.  Very often it feels as if a hair is hanging tickling my neck but there is nothing there, shortly later, I will feel a pulsating shocking feeling and then continuous burning sensation.  The pain is so intense at times, I cannot do anything about it.  If I touch it at that time it prolongs it.  The doctor thought it was a muscle thing and told me to put moist heat on it, which made it absoulutely unbearable!!!  I found if I put something cold on it it shortens the timespan of the attack.  

I had some X-Rays done yesterday I guess to see if there is anything sitting on the nerve or pinching it.  This continues from the C3 to C5 Vertibrie area however does not affect my right arm.  (which is very strange)  The most sensitive is in the clavical area.  

The doctor told me that if the X-rays don't show anything he is going to order an EMG (An electromyogram).  Where they stick needles in the muscle to test the conductivity of the nerves.  (OUCH).  

It is so bad I cannot sleep at night.  The doctor put me on Muscle relaxers which aren't doing anything for it at all.