Neurosurgery Expert Forum
AFTER CRANIOTOMY LARGE DENT APPEARS IN SKULL

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

ON 12/27/07 I HAD A CRANIOTOMY TO REMOVE A SUBDURAL HEMATOMA, AND HAD A DRAIN INSERTED INTO MY HEAD, FOR DRAINING OFF BLOOD...
APPARENTLY I HAVE HAD A DENT IN MY SKULL, WHICH SHOWS UP ON CT SCANS, ECT...
ON 3/20/09, I EXPERIENCED A BAD HEADACHE IN THE MORNING, TOOK SOME ADVIL, IT WENT AWAY, THEN THAT NIGHT I FELT SUDDEN PRESSURE AND HEADACHE, REACHED UP TO RUB MY HEAD, AND FELT A LARGE DENT IN MY SKULL...  IT JUST APPEARED SUDDENLY, MUCH LARGER WHEN YOU FEEL IT THAN WHAT IS JUST SHOWING ON CT SCANS...
WENT TO HSP, DOCTOR WHO TREATED ME, FELT THE DENT, AND COULD NOT GET OUT OF MY ROOM FAST ENOUGH TO TALK WITH THE RADIOLOGIST AND NEUROSURGEON...  THEY ALL DECIDED THAT THERE WEREN'T ANY CHANGES IN SCANS FROM 2008 UNTIL THAT FRIDAY NIGHT...  I HAVE THREE PLATES AND TWELVE SCREWS IN MY HEAD...  BUT THE DENT ITSELF HAS BECOME QUITE LARGE, WITH CONTINUOUS HEADACHES AND PRESSURE...
I CANNOT GET IN TO SEE THE NEUROSURGEON WHO DID MY SURGERY UNTIL 5/4/09, BECAUSE HE ONLY SEES PATIENTS 1 1/2 DAYS PER WEEK, AND IS IN SURGERY THE REST OF THE TIME...
IS THIS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS COMMONLY POST CRANIOTOMY SURGERY, AND DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED...
THE ONLY THING THEY TOLD ME AT THE HSP WAS THAT THE SCANS SHOWED CHRONIC CHANGES, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS...
I JUST KNOW I HAVE A CONSTANT HEADACHE AND PRESSURE WHERE THIS DENT HAS BECOME LARGER...
THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME...  
please can you provide me with any radiological image, download it on your profile
thank you
Dr Nassim