Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Back Pain

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Back Pain

I am suffering alot of pain at both hips and I was gone for MRI Lumbar Spine. The findings are as follows:

IMPRESSION: MR IMAGE MOROPHOLOGY IS IN FAVOUR OF

- DISC BULGES AT L4 - L5 -S1 LEVELS CAUSING INDENTATION OVER THECAL SAC, MORE SO ON LEFT SIDE AT L4 -L5 LEVEL AND ON RIGHT SIDE AT L5 - S1 LEVEL CAUSING MILD NEURAL COMPROMISE.

-  FAIRLY LARGE HYPERINTENSE AREA IN ILIAC MARGIN OF LEFT SACROILIAC JOINT INFERIORLY WITH NO SOFT TISSUE COMPONENT- S/O MARROW OEDEMA - POSSIBLE INFLAMMATORY / CAUSE.

with the above report please suggest me fast relief and permanent cure with surgery.
This is rare when a patient ask about a cure, which is often surgery.
Less invasive surgeries for lumbar spine include the insertion of Coflex).
Coflex will be helpful to treat your case of L4-L5 disc bulge but not the L5-S1.
L5-S1 should also be treated with surgery, but simple laminectomy at the time of insertion of the Coflex may be sufficient.
An additional component of hip inflammation should be ended with an orthopedic surgeon.
FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN ATTENDING HOSPITALS WITH REGARDS TO SYMPTONS....OFF BALANCE..NUMBNESS AND TINGLING AND PINS AND NEEDLES FELLING ON HANDS LEGS AND FEET..PAIN IN FET AND LEGS WHEN WALKING...SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS...FACIAL SPASMS....HAD LOW WHITE BLOOD CELLS BUT NOW ALMOST NORMAL..HAD 2 MRI SCANS, WHICH SHOWED UP BLOOD CLOTS ON LEFT SIDE OF BRAIN AND LESSIONS..BUT SAID NOT WORRYING..HAD A LUMBAR PUNCTURE..AND NOW HAVE BACK AND HIP PAIN...DOCTOR HAS NOW CONFIRMED THATR IT IS NOT MS...HOW CAN THAT BE WITH ALL THESE SYMPTONS..WHAT IS IT..PLEASE HELLLPPPPP
Dear Irena
First of all I should see in a way your brain MRI, because I can not evaluate a written report, if you decided to sent me the result, I will do my best to take your personal case under concideration. Till now what you are describing me is only a reflection of some electrolite disturbances (or an occupational intoxication by metals or other substances).. sure it should be investigated
Doctor a rececent chiropractor took an xray and once again l1 thru l5 is out of whack plus pinched nerves I have been through therapy for many years and now the wieght gain from being so inactive has made the worse my family and would like to explore surgery.I am36 years old  to myoung not to being to work,go to park etc.Please give some direction in where to start this process. Angelita Horner
Hi there, how do i ask for results for MRI and Lumbar puncture ect., thankyou.

Look forward to hearing from you

Irene
can you copy-paste your MRI results? or describe well your symtoms (symptoms)
you should go to the center where you did your MRI and you ask about a cd copy, then you dsonal download some of your results on your personal profil, and then you notify me.
or you send me the whole cd by DHL or Aramex or Fedex to: Saint George hospital Beirut Lebanon, /dr nassim Abi Chahine