Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Cranial Pressure

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Cranial Pressure

I had a left temporal AVM removed surgically in Dec. 2005.  I am left with dysnomia, short term memory problems (seems to be a concentration problem),  and a strange problem with a sensitivity to vibrations triggered by: riding in a vehicle, any type of loud vibrational sounds such as music, power tools, vacuums, gatherings where there are people talking.  All of these things cause a building of pressure in my head.  If I don't get away from them, the pressure continues to build till it feels like my head wants to explode to release it.  ( I do not have pain with the pressure.)  This sensivity does not appear to be hearing related, as using ear protection does not relieve it, if anything, it increases the pressure buildup faster.  After an episode, I have a need to sleep (usually will be a 2-4 hour deep sleep) and depending on how long I am exposed to one of these triggers, I may have to do this nap several days in a row.  My problem seems to be a mystery to the medical professionals I have consulted with.  (Neurologist, Ear, nose & throat specialist and an MRI )  I have begun to think that maybe fluid on the brain could be causing this - but this is just a theory on my part...have been doing some reading online about that.
If you are taking any antiepileptic drug, let me know, in which dosage? I am thinking about stem cells autotransplantion for you.
Dear Dr.
Thank you for your response to my questions.  I was put on Dilantin after the brain surgery.  After having very bad reactions to that drug, my Dr. had me discontinue use of it. I am not on any medications right now.
Can you elaborate some on the stem cell aututransplantion that you mentioned?
Thank you,
Pearl Myrvik
Have you come up with any other ideas on my problem?  Or do you think that this is just something I am going to have to live with?  I know that I am fortunate not to be suffering with pain, but the limited life I have to live gets really depressing sometimes.
thank you.
Pearl