Neurosurgery Expert Forum
LEFT SIDE NECK AND HEAD PAIN

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

LEFT SIDE NECK AND HEAD PAIN

It feels like a muscle on the left side of my neck hurts to where it is difficult to turn my head and then the pain started shooting to my head and now the back of my head hurts.  I have been doing monthly massages so my neck feels better for a short time and then the pain is back after about a week.  Can you tell me what can be causing this.  I work at a computer most of the day, then on my second job I stand for about 5.5 hours.  I know I do not sit properly all the time so posture definitely is a concern.  My headache seem to be all the time unless I take something for it which I do not like doing unless it is really bothering me.  I need your help. Thank you.
sorry for answering late, but I hope you will benefit from my answer having such a chronic case; first of all be sure you dont have any vertebral dislocations, and that is ruled out through a cervical spine x-ray.
60 minutes daily of walk along with 20 minutes of aerobic is sufficient to recondition your neck muscles, neck collar for 1 week nonstop even at night will decrease the spasm of your neck muscles and subsequently decrease the pain, change of the computer and sleep hygiene will radically improve your life. 5.5 hours of standig up is not bad especially if you move your neck in warm conditions