Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Pinched nerve?

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Pinched nerve?
Hi, one evening I randomly got a pain under my right ribs and my whole right side on my stomach and some part of my back. That nigth I went to the ER, they took a blook and urine test and also took an x-ray of my chest. Everything came out normal so they released me and told me to contact my primary physician. Two days later I went to my physicial, she felt my abdomen, looked at my results and told me that she doesn't see any sign of an infection and that it's most likely a pinched never between my ribs. The pain that I get is usualy due to movements or breathing, and it can get sharp when I do this. Now problem is, along with these pains, I have a 100-102 fever on and off (usually at night) and very painful headaches (or migraines, I'm not sure since I've never had a mirgraine). I've been taking Ibuprofen 600ml 3x a day to cope with the pain. I also had 3 IV's with vitamins (one in the ER and two at my doctor's officce). This has been happening for 6 consecutive days now and nothing seems to get better. I have no clue what all of this is and if all my blood and urine work came back normal, why would I possible have this fever and headaches?
Please help.
oh really no need to worry after that event, now everything came back to normal and it does not look for a serious fever because no blood sings were noted.
the rib pain was mostly suggertive for abdominal bloating and gas