Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Possible Vagus Nerve Damage or Inflamation(inflammation)?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Possible Vagus Nerve Damage or Inflamation(inflammation)?

I am a 39 yo female with 3 children. I am curious if the vagus nerve may be responsible for some medical issuesI have. My past medical history is: I was diagnosed with paroxysmal a fib when I was 18, not chronic just episodes about one a year, usually Im reset back to normal sinus rhythm after cardioversion. Episodes have been brought on after bouts of vomiting, like seasickness. I have been prone to motion sickness since I was a child as well as having a sensitive stomach. Also have hearing loss (Low Tones) in my right year due to some sort of nerve damage according to the audiologist. have had frequent ear infections throughout my adult life. I'm also a clutz,LOL,have had several trips and falls over the years and a couple of minor fender benders that has resulted in bulging discs that has also resulted in an, ACDF w/plating at c5-c6 level in 2006, vaginal hysterectomy in 1999 for fibroids but have retained my ovaries in which now have adhesions, laparoscopic appendectomy in 2005, and a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in 2008 due to biliary dyskinesia  . The latter 2 were due to stomach issues again ranging from upset stomach, vomiting, pain, etc. Other then listed above I am a healthy and active. However I have the same pain,numbness in my right arm again and losing some dexterity in that arm. the pain is right sided from mucsle spasm high up close to my scalp down to my shoulder as well as some muscle atrophy on the right side. Any insight would be helpful, thank you.
Tags: Pain