Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Recovery from Cervical discetomy fusion C3-C7

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

I'm 4 weeks out of neck surgery, and I feel as though the surgery was a sucess, but I'm starting to have a cramping between my shoulders, dizziness and headaches.  I'm wearing my soft collar for support, but still having trouble.  Is this a normal part of healing?  I also have numbness in my left thumb and at the base of my neck in the back.  Will that come back?
this is normal
wait some time
Is there anything written about the recovery process for a cervical disectomy fusion?  I had one done 05/21/09 and I'm feeling fine, but I have pain in my neck from my chin to my lower neck -- feels like pulling muscles.  I'm sure (I hope) this is normal and, of course, the "bones" hurt in my neck.  I used to be an active person and I am looking forward to exercise again... when can I???  We bought a Wii Fit and I've tried it out, so as long as it isn't an impact on my spine I should be fine, right?
you will be fine (soon), but some cases of patients in continuous stress may take additional months
A related discussion, dreadful recovery so far was started.