Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Recovery from Cervical discetomy fusion C3-C7
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Recovery from Cervical discetomy fusion C3-C7

I'm 4 weeks out of neck surgery, and I feel as though the surgery was a sucess, but I'm starting to have a cramping between my shoulders, dizziness and headaches.  I'm wearing my soft collar for support, but still having trouble.  Is this a normal part of healing?  I also have numbness in my left thumb and at the base of my neck in the back.  Will that come back?
Related Discussions
623823_tn?1357420257
this is normal
wait some time
3 Comments
Blank
Is there anything written about the recovery process for a cervical disectomy fusion?  I had one done 05/21/09 and I'm feeling fine, but I have pain in my neck from my chin to my lower neck -- feels like pulling muscles.  I'm sure (I hope) this is normal and, of course, the "bones" hurt in my neck.  I used to be an active person and I am looking forward to exercise again... when can I???  We bought a Wii Fit and I've tried it out, so as long as it isn't an impact on my spine I should be fine, right?
Blank
623823_tn?1357420257
you will be fine (soon), but some cases of patients in continuous stress may take additional months
Blank
A related discussion, dreadful recovery so far was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank