Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Recovery from Cervical discetomy fusion C3-C7
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Recovery from Cervical discetomy fusion C3-C7

I'm 4 weeks out of neck surgery, and I feel as though the surgery was a sucess, but I'm starting to have a cramping between my shoulders, dizziness and headaches.  I'm wearing my soft collar for support, but still having trouble.  Is this a normal part of healing?  I also have numbness in my left thumb and at the base of my neck in the back.  Will that come back?
Related Discussions
623823 tn?1357420257
this is normal
wait some time
3 Comments
Blank
Is there anything written about the recovery process for a cervical disectomy fusion?  I had one done 05/21/09 and I'm feeling fine, but I have pain in my neck from my chin to my lower neck -- feels like pulling muscles.  I'm sure (I hope) this is normal and, of course, the "bones" hurt in my neck.  I used to be an active person and I am looking forward to exercise again... when can I???  We bought a Wii Fit and I've tried it out, so as long as it isn't an impact on my spine I should be fine, right?
Blank
623823 tn?1357420257
you will be fine (soon), but some cases of patients in continuous stress may take additional months
Blank
A related discussion, dreadful recovery so far was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703