Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Skull Osteoma

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Skull Osteoma

Two years ago , the Osteoma which is on my left side in the skull bone was 5mm, now 2 years later it is 15mm. The doctor said it is benign, but I keep getting headaches every morning and difficult to concentrate till a few hours later. I am waiting now 2 months for the surgery as we live in Croatia and this is socialized medicine here. Now I have pain in the middle of my left leg and feels like cramping pain and I cannot sleep.

A) Should I be operated on ASAP and (silly question - will my hair grow within the scar) , How long is the recuperation as I am 69 years old. all my blood work is great and I have had all tests and my heart is terrific.

B)What could be this horrible pain up the middle of my leg from the muscle to my crotch and it all feels slightly numb.

I am really scared about the operation. Is it a simple operation or can it be serious.

Many thanks for your reply
dont worry first about the surgery, let us surgeons take care about you and the used technique, this is too simple as it is out of the brain, it is in the skull. after 3 months later your hair will be stronger and beatifull again.. about your leg pain it is totally independent.
please write me more about your leg pain to differentiate between neurologiacl and  vascular
1 Comment
A related discussion, osteoma was started.