Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Surgical Void in Spinal Cord?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Surgical Void in Spinal Cord?

Greetings Sir:
About 18 months ago I was diagnosed with an intramedullary hemangioblastoma.  Secondary to this I had an eccentric syrinx ranging in diameter from 2mm to 9mm, that started at C3/4 and continued to T6/7 where the tumor was.  After tumor removal, the majority of the syrinx collapsed, except for the T6/7 area where the syrinx is 2-3 mm in diameter and 14-15 mm in length.  The latest MRI reports states that the area must now be considered a surgical void instead of a syrinx. Via google I can find nothing regarding a "surgical void" in the spinal cord.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  Or it's implications?  I currently suffer typical syringomyelia symptoms that have not improved post surgery.