Neurosurgery Expert Forum
can a pineal gland cyst cause this???

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

can a pineal gland cyst cause this???

im 15 and ive been having alot of problems for 2 years now i suffer from severe abdominal PAIN  but worse after eating severe headaches muscle and joint pain blurry to double vision and passin out ive been to alot of doctors but all they say is its in my head even though i have physical proof i dont understand it i constantly have tempature problems my hands and feet turn ICE COLD and i get night sweats and hotflashes and i lose and gain weight i lost 14lbs in 4days and not even doing anything and i got my CBC back and all my blood counts are messed up THERE HIGH AND LOW?? and my potassium is always LOW help plz???? i dont know why this is happenin to me!!! IVE BEEN OUT OF SCHOOL SINCE NOVEMBER BECAUSE OF A SEVERE STOMACHE ATTACK AND ALL MY SYMPOTOMS GOT WORSE SINCE!!! AND JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO THEY FOUNT A PINEAL GLAND CYST AND I WAS WONDERIN COULD IT BE CAUSING ALL THESE PROBLEMS???
Medhelp was created to help people like you.
thank you for giving us confidence. I am a neurosurgeon and I will do my best to help you going out of this serious discomfort.
Please give me first some more information especially describe the attacks you are experiencing, are they on a daily basis? do you feel that the problem is changing location? are the attacks so abrupt or they give first an alarm?
WELL THERE WITH ME MOST OF THE TIME AND THERE ABRUPT THEY JUST COME SUDDENLY BUT SOMETIMES ILL KNOW WHEN IM BOUT TO HAVE AN ATTACK CAUSE MY HEAD STARTS TO HURT REALLY BAD THEN ILL GET SEVERE STOMACHE PAIN THENN ALL THE OTHER SYMPTOMS COME.... AND YES FIRST I STARTED WITH ABDOMINAL PAINS NAUSEA AND HEADACHES THEN ALL THESE OTHER SYMPTOMS STARTED TO COME AND NOW ILL HAVE STOMACHE  PAIN 1DAY AND THE NEXT DAY IT WILL BE A DIFFERENT ONE MY ATTACKS LAST AWHILE AND NOTHING LETS THE PAIN UP IVE TAKEIN IBUPROFEN 600MG AND  ALOT OF OTHER MEDS IVE TRYD ANTI-ACIDS BUT NOTHING HELPS AND I HAVE A HISTORY OF PETITE MAL SEIZURES BUT IM REALLY CURIOUS IF THIS CYST COULD BE AFFECTING STUFF IN MY BODY ITS 7.5MM AND ITS GROWING IVE HEARD OF ALOT OF PEOPLE WITH THESE SAME SYMPTOMS THAT HAVE SMALLER PINEAL GLAND CYSTS THEN I DO...AND THE HEADACHES GET SO BAD I CANT DO ANYTHING AND I ALSO HAVE TROUBLE SLLEPING I CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT EVEN IF I TAKE SLEEPING PILLS I USED TO BE ABLE TO BUT NOW I CANT PLEASE I JUST WANT SOME ANSWERS AND THANKS FOR THE REPLY
Ok can you do a 24 h registration of EEG. this is t discover if you have any kind of epilepsy or not. After that if we exclude epilepsy we will consider GAD generalized anxiety disorder.
if you dont want to do the EEG I proposed sart a treatment with Escitalopram 10 mg daily , waiting for results