Neurosurgery Expert Forum
cool mint sensation
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cool mint sensation

I have been haveing a cool-minty sensation similar to muscle rub on the skin almost everyday for about 3 months. It comes on suddenly and sometiomes in one location sometimes in many at the same time. I haven't changed soaps,lotions or diet. Is this a neorological or dermatological problem? it is very strange and when I ask other people if the have evr experienced this they lookas if I'm crazy. Interested in any insight you can give.
Related Discussions
623823_tn?1357420257
thank you because you adressed such question, this relatively newly mentioned sensation, your case may teach many all around the world.
Normally cold receptors on the skin can be activated by many other factors than cold itself, thus a temperature change can just trigger a similar feeling, other masking factor like mint in the mouth or eucaliptos in the nose can also provoke a cold sensation.
Dermatological diseases rarely cause that, endocrynological are also included, neurological  problems starting from the periphery going to the central system should be well studied. Central lesions should be well located and can help in this discovery.. Spine nerves brain... Please tell us where is this sensation located?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank