Neurosurgery Expert Forum
statins and post surgical treatment

Welcome to the International Neurosurgery forum. This forum is moderated by Dr. Abi Chahine who is affiliated with St. George Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon

statins and post surgical treatment
post op treatment by statins for stent is necessary
thank you for asking, please send your question for a cardiologist. But as I know no need to protect the stented coronary artery with statins, but if the hyperlipedemia is not responsive to diet it is surely preferable to treat it with Statins
I have a closing carotid artery being treated by statins Crestor 10mg but I find the muscular pain associated with this and other statins unbearable. If I had the operation, which I will have to pay for, what am I buying? Time, a future without statins, or just more of the same¿? I am 78 years old
You take take Statins which can surely cause muscular pain, I am sorry for this side effect of this great molecule but as medhelp experts we are not allowed to prescribe medications on net. A food supplement called Co-Enzyme Q 10 can act again the pain while you can afford the cost of the Carotid enderterectomy. Regards