276?1253660878
New Treatments in Development User Group
Breakthrough Research in Treating the Common Cold
About This Group:

This group is to discuss new treatments in development to have a better understanding of the future of recovery.

Founded by ILADVOCATE on September 22, 2009
41 members

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-cure-for-the-common-cold-may-finally-be-achieved-as-a-result-of-a-remarkable-discovery-in-a-cambridge-laboratory-2122607.html
"A cure for the common cold may finally be achieved as a result of a remarkable discovery in a Cambridge laboratory
By Steve Connor, Science Editor
Tuesday, 2 November 2010
In a dramatic breakthrough that could affect millions of lives, scientists have been able to show for the first time that the body's immune defences can destroy the common cold virus after it has actually invaded the inner sanctum of a human cell, a feat that was believed until now to be impossible.
  The discovery opens the door to the development of a new class of antiviral drugs that work by enhancing this natural virus-killing machinery of the cell. Scientists believe the first clinical trials of new drugs based on the findings could begin within two to five years.
  The researchers said that many other viruses responsible for a range of diseases could also be targeted by the new approach. They include the norovirus, which causes winter vomiting, and rotavirus, which results in severe diarrhoea and kills thousands of children in developing countries...."
1 Comment
Thats good news. It is amazing how complex the Immune System is. I have seen a few Top Immunologists and to tell you the truth I was really surprised to hear how little they actually know.
The Immune System is so Complex and it just seems almost impossible for the human mind to understand it fully. Cures just aren't coming quick enough. Granted, people with HIV live alot longer these days, but it still is mind boggling that with all the money and researchers working on a cure that there hasn't been one yet.

But anyhow, glad to see this news that you posted.
ILADVOCATE commented on ILADVOCATE's status
Aug 07
Cindee56 Crying Comment
Aug 02
drifter0213 commented on my love
Jul 10