685?1277859592
News from the past to the future to share and discuss User Group
Global Warming Takes a Vacation?
About This Group:

Do you have any kind of news--old or new or growing old that you want to share? Do you want to discuss issues that are of concern in the news? Do you want to share a perspective on how things are going in our Country, another country? This group is for covering the whole wide world because everyone is equally important whether we agree or disagree with their beliefs. The news can include information you want to share that you consider "news" worthy. If we do quote a news source, let's try to use a legitimate one. No extreme, shock journalism please.

Founded by Dazon50 on June 29, 2010
53 members

Global Warming Takes a Vacation?

Global warming takes a vacation
January 20, 2013

Those who dare assert the Earth’s temperature isn’t on a perilous rise are derided as “deniers.” For liberals, the climate debate has ended, and it is an unquestionable article of faith that mankind’s carbon-dioxide emanations have set the stage for rising oceans, devastating hurricanes and disasters on a scale never before seen. To say otherwise is unthinkable, and that has created a dilemma. It’s not actually getting warmer.

In a paper published Tuesday, no less an authority than NASA scientist James E. Hansen wrote, “The 5-year mean global temperature has been flat for a decade, which we interpret as a combination of natural variability and a slowdown in the growth rate of the net climate forcing.” Mr. Hansen is the intellectual godfather of the global-warming movement who advised Al Gore on his Oscar-winning climate-scare flick, “An Inconvenient Truth.” Mr. Hansen has just acknowledged more than the lack of warming. His words confirm nature, not mankind, played the decisive role in directing global temperatures over the past 10 years.

Read more at The Washington Times.
http://m.edf.org/climate/global-warming-facts
I like that there is scientific proof that "global warming" is cyclical, and that gets shoved aside.
For me this is two seperate issues altogether.  I don't think any legitimate scientist can deny that the earth is warming and the weather changing.  That's a given.

The debate is in the cause right?  Personally, I believe both theories play a role - the earth has always gone through changes like this.  But to me, it makes perfect sense the amount of garbage we put into our atmosphere has to be having some sort of negative impact.  I never understood the argument here - why does this have to be a black and white issue?  To me, it makes more sense that it's a combination of factors.  I think it's kinda dumb that this is even a political issue.  And how on earth did it become a US political issue?  This is happening everywhere right?
And Let’s not over look the Hypocrisy of Al Gore.

http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/20130117/OPINION01/130119627/al-gore-sells-out-global-warming-cause-for-millions
Good 7 minute explanation of current cold snap from yesterday's Science Friday radio show.

http://sciencefriday.com/segment/01/25/2013/cold-snap-shakes-up-winter-weather-outlook.html
That was very interesting and the most Logical Explanation I’ve ever heard. My wife was listening to it with me. She immediately said “it sounds like HAARP”
She brought up HAARP Conspiracies a couple of weeks ago and I just Blew it Off. After listening to this it kind of makes me wonder.

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).[1]
Built by BAE Advanced Technologies (BAEAT), its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance.[2] The HAARP program operates a major sub-arctic facility, named the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force–owned site near Gakona, Alaska.
The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high-power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the Ionosphere.
I remember a couple years ago - I think it was you - bringing up HAARP back on the 'Social' forum. At that time, when I looked it up on wiki, I was ready to buy the Gov't's explanation. Now going back and listening to the radio broadcast with HAARP in mind, I'm not so sure. Just because a puzzle piece fits so neatly so many ways doesn't (always) mean it's the right piece. Still.....
I've not heard about HAARP.  Sounds like it will be interesting to read about.  
I know this is over an hour long but if you will listen to the first full 10 minutes, it will explain (I feel it is unbiased) about HAARP. The scary part is, this is actually happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SToVBicIrJU&feature=player_embedded
Well the first ten minutes is definitely the hard facts part. Hopefully the guys playing with this are more competent than some of our other tinkerers, otherwise we're all toast. I'm going to start wearing my tinfoil hat when I go outside.
There may be other things affecting the jetstream, but this has to be doing something to it.
It’s scary to think that they are experimenting with something that could kill a lot of people if not all of us. I hope my wife will be "turned on" by my tin foil hat I'll be wearing in bed tonight. I think I'll tell her I want to try Role Playing and I'm The Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz. I'll let you know how it works out.
In regards to HAARP... I honestly don't think anyone knows what in the hell is going to happen.  I think it is a traditional government project that gets feed money from somewhere else, has no operating budget and there are a bunch of creepy dudes twisting knobs on a machine tha they don't know what it does until it does it....  
That's what scares the hell out of me
hrsepwrguy commented on pooh55811's status
Sep 20
orphanedhawk http://www.youtube.com/watc... Comment
Sep 19