you gotta laugh at Joe

(CNN) – Joe Biden tops a list of Democrats who may be interested in a 2016 presidential bid, but appears to have stepped a bit ahead of himself Saturday.

Video posted online by the site Mediaite shows the vice president stumbling over his title at an inauguration party in Washington.

"You saw what America came to see. You saw early on, Iowa Democrats saw early on the incredible promise and the incredible capability, the incredible leadership of the guy I now serve with," Biden told supporters at the party, sponsored by the State Society of Iowa.

"I'm proud to be president of the United States, but I'm prouder to be Barack ..." he continued, trailing off as laughter erupted in the room.

"I am proud," he corrected himself, speaking over the crowd, "to be vice president of the United States."

If he was testing the waters for a presidential bid, he found a sympathetic crowd from the state which kicks off the presidential selection process with their caucuses.

The video shows him chuckling as he said, "Well, there goes that," and attempted to move on.

"Look, on a serious note," he started, as some in his audience continued to laugh. "I guess I'm not going to get back to a serious note, am I?"

After a few false starts, the video shows Biden regained his composure.

"Think of where we were when Barack was elected president of the United States," he said.

Perhaps Biden will find forgiveness from President Barack Obama, who once slipped up and offered Biden the same promotion to the top of the ticket.

When he introduced Biden as his running mate in August 2008, Obama called Biden "the next president of the United States," then quickly corrected himself.

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made the same mistake last year when introducing Rep. Paul Ryan to his ticket. The music played and Ryan walked out waving. Once the applause subsided, Romney stepped back to the microphone to correct the mistake.

– CNN's Kevin Bohn and Gregory Wallace contributed to this report
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/20/biden-gets-ahead-of-himself-at-inaugural-party/?iref=obnetwork

Sorry about all that dead space on the above post.  Not sure what happened there. Anyway, everyone does make  mistakes and is human.  But I feel like Biden is very unpolished and frankly, I've grown to really dislike him.  He's another liberal darling because he's associated with obama but you gotta wonder who really takes him seriously.  I'd be super disappointed in the Democratic party if they endorsed this bafoon.  
Biden is not so good in the public speaking dept.  He fumbles up a good bit.  I can't see him running.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
I’m hoping (praying) in 2016 we will see a different breed of candidates both Democrat and Republican.

People are sick of it and hopefully between now and the next 4 years the Parties will evolve and Obama will be The Last of the Old School.  
I doubt Biden will fit into the New School Breed.

Bobby Jindal has already began the work on the Republican Party and is not pulling any punches.
"but you've gotta wonder who takes him seriously"..... Every liberal takes him seriously.  He, like so many politicians, is smug and pompous.  It gets worse as time goes on.

(Wait till the liberals start hating on Jindal....)  We won't be allowed to use the "race card", will we?  LOL
LOL brice.

I like Jindal...he's got good ideas, and he sees a lot of the issues that the repubs face.  The dems right now are singing his praises, until he says something conservative of course.  You know how that works!
A friend of mine sent me an email knocking Jindal.  (Of course this guy is a left winger.)  According to this email, Jindal believes that the earth is 7000 years old or something.  (Religious issue)

When I questioned this guy about Jindals stance politically, my friend said that he could no support anyones politics who believes this way.

They (democrats) are already starting knocking anyone who may be inspired to run on this side of the political spectrum.  
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Barb135 commented on dominosarah's status
Sep 25
Barb135 commented on photo
Sep 24
dominosarah commented on photo
Sep 23