Stress and Anxiety related Seizures
One year ago I started having non-epileptic seizures. The doctors aren't really sure what is causing them. We think that they are stress and anxiety related. I have gone through all the test. But yet I still have at least one seizure a month. Is there anyone else out there that is suffering with the same thing?
My wife has the same problem. She has seizures almost every month during her period. Whenever she gets sick or doesn't get enough sleep, or whenever she feels weak.
-She lost consciousness during seizures, but she doesn't lose control of her sphincters, seizures last between a few minutes to being confused with an epileptic status.
-She is 28 years old and has been having seizures since 2006 (8 years).
-Doctors haven't been able to differentiate between organic seizures (epilepsia) or conversion disorder (pseudo-seizures).
- IRM studies show no anomaly in her head.
- Doctors differ in their EEG interpretation some say that it is normal (no organic reason) and others argue that there is abnormal activity in her left parietal lobe.
-She has been prescribed with Levetiracetam, Magnesium Valproate and Topiramate but after using them for more than one year no change has been found in the seizures timing.
- Right now she is being treated with Clonazepam and Citalopram, she has being using them for around one year with no change in seizures timing but with a better quality of life.
-We have studies from 2006 -2014 (EEG and IRM) and we would be glad to share them with other people and doctors to help with diagnosis.

We have been looking for the right diagnosis because seizures keep coming and we want to use the less medication possible in order to improve our well-being.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
williamfrank commented on Hair Loss
Apr 18
Criddybuggin Prayers being answered! Comment
Aug 10
Criddybuggin commented on Prayers
05/15