Nutrition Management For Pets Expert Forum
Fact or fiction??
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Nutritional Management. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fact or fiction??

I have been feeding my dog since I got her 5 years ago with dry food, mixed with a bit of "broth" made from canned. She is an avid over-eater. When she was a stray she was hungry, and won't ever forget it. As a result, she is over weight, even though I use "healthy weight" dry food. I just heard that dry food was NOT the best way to feed an over weight dog. The dog drinks water after eating, and the food swells up, and the stomache gets stretched out, and the dog feels hungrier. Is this true? Have I been feeding her wrong all this time? She always acts as though she is starving. Has anyone else heard this? P.S. I try not to over feed, but I know her weight problem is my fault in the end. sigh.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
6 years
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
terrior mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 23, 2009
City
:  
S. Hamilton
State/Province
:  
MA