Nutrition Management for Pets Community
Can You Delete Detrimental Advice?

This community is for questions and support regarding Nutrition for your pets.

Can You Delete Detrimental Advice?

Dear Dr. Osborne,

I hope you will delete the "advice" of the "vet" pushing Purina's species-inappropriate "food" and the other product as this is your Holistic resource and people come here for UNBIASED truths with no conflicts of interest to worry about. No doubt she sells it -- for obligate carnivores to consume no less! Where are peoples' conscience?

If she is, indeed, a practicing veterinarian, what about the Oath -- First to Do No Harm??  
Thank you.

This discussion is related to Persistent diarrhea in adult cat.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello

With respect to your question about deleting advice, I am not able nor am I authorized to delete anyone's comments in this forum. It is important to understand that various veterinarians offer various opinions based on their clinical experience and personal beliefs.

In many cases there are different ways to deal with similar medical issues. This doesn't mean that one suggestion is right or wrong or that one suggestion is better than another. It is merely a reflection of how various veterinarians deal with and treat various veterinary medical conditions.

Each pet owner is welcome to consider the suggestions offered and follow the veterinarians advice that they feel suits their pet best.

I appreciate your comments and hope this is helpful.

Thank you,
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Many thanks for your kind response.

I must respectfully disagree with "does not mean that one suggestion is right or wrong" in this case, for your suggestion was correct as a cat is, indeed, the strictest of all carnivorous mammals.

You recognize and respect the fact and therefore suggested the logical course to take.

It's reassuring to see Veterinarians such as yourself helping our pets and being honest.
Just sad to see the "mainstream" view posted on your great page as there are a few people I'd like to direct to your advice exclusively -- with no "mainstream" input clouding everything, as it tends to do in life outside the Internet.

Even when I suggest people just look at the shape of a cat's teeth ... that they are not even capable of rotating their jaws to chew, and that they are strict carnivores ... Even though no scientist or pet food manufacturer can EVER prove this false, people will STILL believe what the main$tream tells them.

Thank you for explaining. I thought it was your own page :>)  
Take Care

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello
I appreciate your kind comments and I always provide what I feel is honest accurate pro-active pet health care advice for dogs and cats.

Pet owners in this forum need to sort through various veterinarians recommendations and consider application of the information they feel is best suited for their particular dog or cat.

Dr Carol Osborne, DVM