Should I change his diet??
Hi all!
I have a male Samoyed, approx 1 year and 3 months old. We bought him in the end of July 2014 and changed his diet to Acana puppy and junior. He did relatively well on it, then I was told to put him on the adult food, I've tried Acana chicken and Burbank potato, but for the past week he's had very bad diarrhea. The first couple of nights he was even having accidents in the house, which has never happened before. I took him to the vet after 5 days, he was just starting to improve after being on the boiled white rice diet. Vet gave him probiotics and metronidazole pills. Said to put him back on Acana and see if he could tolerate it. I did and we are back to the same problem even while he is still taking the pills and probiotic. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should switch to or how I should do it? He's not having accidents in the house but his stool is still very runny most of the time. Thanks in advance for your input and help!
Sorry the other thing I forgot to mention is that he has no other symptoms, his behaviour and demeanour is normal, and he still has a high energy level.