Nutrition Community
liver problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

liver problems

my sgot level is 59,and sgpt level is 150 its make any problems in my liver?how can reduse?

Avatar dr f tn
Hello and welcome!
The common causes of raised SGOT and SGPT are viral hepatitis, alcoholic hepatitis, fatty liver .In viral hepatitis and alcoholic hepatitis there is pain in right upper quadrant, yellowish discoloration of eyes, nausea and vomiting. It is best to see a liver specialist and get the cause detected. What are other liver function test results? A viral markers profile, ultrasound abdomen will be helpful. A strict no fat diet is recommended. Avoid oily greasy and fried foods. Avoid foods like full cream milk,chocolate,fatty fried meats,nuts,peanut butter,cakes,pies etc.Drink plenty of water and fluids .Have small meals throughout the day and consume soups rather than large or heavy meals. Consume plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables and salads.Treatmet of the specific cause is very important. Keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!
gymdandee commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
Herbs and Spices Lower Triglycerid...
Aug 26 by gymdandee
CamLp uploaded new photos
Aug 25
Track your weight over time