Nutrition Community
Acidic/Alkaline foods: how they effect my medication
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Acidic/Alkaline foods: how they effect my medication

This is my first post. I am really glad to finally find a website like this. I have never received answers when posting on other sites.

I take Adderall (adderrall) for school (finishing up degree). Originally it was the best decision I had ever made. My tolerance level started building up after a couple of months, and now (after 6 mo.) I can fall asleep studying after a dose. My doctor has increased the dosage as far as he says he can.

I have tirelessly searched the web for info to reduce my tolerance level again. I've discovered that 'acidic' foods hinder Adderall (adderrall) by passing it through my system quicker. I also heard (a little tid-bit of info) that Vitamin C hinders it. Though I could use your knowledge on this.

I have gone on an alkaline diet (over the past couple of weeks) and am taking a green powder (detox)from Y.S. Organic Bee Farms.
It has 'Spirulina, Chlorella, Barley & Wheat Grass with BEE POLLEN.

1. IS THIS PRODUCT CAUSING MY ADDERALL (adderrall) TO PASS THROUGH EVEN MORE QUICKLY? It seems that medication being acidic might push through quicker with a detox (in my system), I dont know? I have been doing a detox because I thought it might aid the tolerance level (cleaning out toxins).

2. WHAT CAN I DO TO LOWER MY TOLERANCE LEVEL? Suppliments like Magnesium, or any herbs? Diet?

Thank you so much, maybe I can finally get some answers, since I have been so diligent (and hardworking) searching for a answer to this huge dilemma.