Nutrition Community
Anxiety and Vitamin Deficiency
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety and Vitamin Deficiency

Severe anxiety for 12 years now, each pregnancy made me worse and gave me more symptoms. I'm also 70 pounds overweight, I have Eczema, depression from the anxiety, and severe lower back pain/leg pain/body aches, I also have alot of tooth decay. I've had a bunch of tests run but never any test for vitamin deficiency. Can a B or D deficiency, or Calcium.......really cause an anxiety disorder plus all my other symptoms? I'm just unsure if I want to spend the money on more tests as I have no insurance. Any input would be great! Oh-p.s nothing has ever helped my anxiety or eczema. I've taken a multivitamin before with no help, I also have tried not eating wheat or dairy. Nothing helps, that's why Im curious about a vitamin deficiency now.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Since you've had so many tests, I'd suggest a holistic nutritionist.  They're not covered by insurance anyway, so what the hey?  They're much more oriented to nutrition than docs, who have virtually no training in this area.  It could be so many things -- any true deficiency causes deficiency symptoms.  It sounds to me to be more hormonal or sugar related, because of the timing, weight gain, and tooth decay.  All are symptoms of either overuse of simple carbs, hormonal imbalances, or both.
Blank
560272_tn?1311353893
I've had my hormones tested by saliva twice in the past 7 yrs, estrogen is always high (but I figured that was due to being overweight). I have always been a big simple carb and sugar eater, but even when I've given both up totally for one month, it didn't change a thing. Why do I have so much tooth decay and tooth loss, when I know other people that eat/drink worse than I do and none of their teeth are missing? That's why I was thinking vitamin deficiency related. I wish I could see a holistic doctor, but man they are pricey! And now with my teeth issues, I'm scared to eat anything hard or crunchy...so it is even harder to eat healthy!
Life can be very unfair. : /
Blank
You got that right!  One month is not enough time to make nutritional changes.  Sadly, it can take forever.  As for the teeth, some of us just have bad teeth from birth.  I did.  But we aggravate it by being nutritionally deficient and eating too many simple carbs.  I don't think you make it completely go away, but you can slow its progress.  A good dentist should be helpful; mine is also a trained homeopath, so he's into natural treatment, but I've still had a bunch of root canals, so there you go.  Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank