Nutrition Expert Forum
B6 Toxicity Treatment

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

B6 Toxicity Treatment

I have recently been diagnosed w/ B6 Toxicity and was also wondering what foods or drinks, if any, should I be eating to help promote the healing process. I already know which ones to avoid but which foods are low in B6 and would be safe during this detox process. Also, would you recommend exercise, does that even help in this matter? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
reemar
Tags: treatments, toxicity, help
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
4' 11"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
120 lb
Research has shown usually after 6 months symptoms are resolved. There is no food to eat to increase the healing process. Definitely stop all supplements of Vitamin B6 and you should only consume vitamin B6 from food sources. The Food sources with lowest amounts are: Peaches, Milk, Peas, Carrots, Ground Beef, Brown Rice, Soybeans, Avocado, Banana, and Turkey. It is a required vitamin and is needed in numerous necessary processes in our bodies. Eat with caution and small amounts. When you are healed suggest consuming the recommended daily dose which is 1.3mg for women under 50 years old and 1.5mg for over 50 years old. Usually with Vitamin B6 toxicity  neuropathy occurs and exercise maybe painful. Suggest check with your MD about the exercising because you had not stated your symptoms.
1 Comment
A related discussion, B6 toxicity was started.