B6 Toxicity
This is more of a comment than a question, but I would welcome info from anyone who has any experience with this situation. I took a prescription called Folcaps (which had 25 mgs of pyridoxine in it) for a year. In February of 06 I began experiencing symptoms which have now been diagnosed as Pyridoxine (b6) Toxicity Induced Neuropathy. I did not get this diagnosis until August 15, after four MRIs, several specialists and balance testing. My b6 blood level was 81 - the maximum safe level in this test was 32. When reading about b6 toxicity one reads about tingling hands and feet and being "wobbly on your feet" and things of that nature. It can be much more than that. Be careful with Vitamin b6. It's not known if the neurological damage is reversible. Some studies show it is, some show it is not. The damage I have suffered extends to my thyroid, my blood pressure has been lowered (to an unsafe level - it was healthy before), my balance has been damaged - I don't know where my right foot is in space, I've had insomnia, my symptoms are too lengthy to list here. The fatigue that I have been experiencing for the past several months has started to lift now that I've stopped taking the medication, but it is still profound...another hallmark symptom of b6 poisoning. This is a serious toxic situation and one that is not understood by the medical community. I am waiting to find out how much of my life I will get back. I am rebuilding my stamina & neuropathways with an optimistic outlook. And getting the word out. MD's don't know about vitamins. Work with nutritionists. Don't go it solo
It has been months since I have written - my last posting I was in an upswing of what turned out to be very, very up and down experience. Although I only took a multivitamin 1or 2 times a day (25-50 mg.of B6) it was over about 4-5 years. My symptoms got to the point where I had walking problems, so from what I understand, that is an indicator of rather severe toxicity. I have been off B6 for over seven months now. Sometimes I feel normal and then my symptoms come back. I find this inconsistency so strange - does anyone else go through this? I had a rather bad bout in recent weeks. I developed diffuse aches and pains a few months ago, and here and there would take some asprin or motrin - it seems after a while this caused my toxicity symptoms to relapse - quite seriously - almost like when I first stopped the supplements. I have also had ill effects when trying to add some supplements back in - such as vitamin D ( for the aches & pains). Seems after about two weeks of something my body just rejects it. Has anyone else found this? I also still deal with major fatigue off and on and more recently, anxiety (no prior history). I guess I was overly optimistic about the textbook "six month" recovery theory. It would be encouraging to hear from any of those who posted long ago. I would be happy to correspond with anyone on this recovery experience.
You are not alone in this experience. It has taken me three years and I still have some problems. What I noticed over the first year of healing is that I would have ups and downs and it got even worse right before it got much better. I think this is true for anytime you are detoxing. I was not able to add any B6 back in through vitamins (I tried a lesser multivitamin and it made me very sick again.) However, I badly needed to supplement with B12 and D. I found that because I stopped taking vitamins, because I was pregnant and then nursing during my healing time and because your body needs nutrients to heal, I became very deficient. I found that there were key components to healing:
B12 sublingual methlycobalimin (Jarrow brand best)
Vitamin D3
Zinc
Folic Acid
Other basic vitamins like B1, Vitamin C

My Naturopath had a special vitamin formula compounded for me that has no B6 in it. For me, this has been like miracle drink! It did take awhile to be able to tolerate it and I just slowly added more in as I felt that I could. Taking no vitamins is not a good idea. These other vitamins do not cause toxicity the way B6 can.

A good idea is to have  blood test to see where you stand on Folic Acid, B12 and D. Then you will know how much you need to take. Do you have a good, understanding doctor to work with? I find NDs to much better than MDs for this kind of experience. Feel free to message me directly if I can give you any support.

And yes, this is painful. I now have a month or two go by with no symptoms and then if i get sick, or overtired, I will start twitching and aching again.

Savmay
Thank you so much for your reply. I am curious as to what doses you were taking and for how long. I was on 25 mg for at least 4 years, and things got extreme when I went up to 50 mg two different times, but I was really going downhill the whole time not realizing my vitamins were the problem. As someone else mentioned, it is puzzling how you feel worse when you stop, so you think the vitamins are helping till you figure it out. Did you get to the point where you had great weakness in your legs? I am also curious how long it took (if you feel you are there yet) to get to where you would be able to work full time (if you wanted to). I know you endured all of this through having a baby - I can't imagine....

Thank you for the advice on supplements. I have been tested for all of those you mentioned - I am in range but I know my levels should probabaly be higher. I am working with a bunch of MDs - some "get it" better than others, and I do have someone who is a very well qualified nutritionist etc., and he is anxious to get me back on supplements. I have had terrible experience with this - had bad reactions to several things tried independently after about two weeks. The nutritionist I am working with feels I should be safe with a low dose of a very high quality supplement which contains only 10mg of the P5P (pyrodoxial  -5-phosphate) form - which is the active, more bioavailable form. I am scared to death to take anything! I do like the idea of compounding and will ask about it at my next appointment. The person I am working with is wonderful but I don't know if he really understands the hypersensitivity - he has suggested a psychological component....

On that note I would really welcome any more feedback from you or any of the others about experiences with adding supplements back in- especially those who had a serious bout with the B6 toxicity. Or hypersensitive reactions to any other medications. I am open to corresponding directly, I am just posting here so any further experience / advice or comments can be helpful to others who are healing as well. There is such a lack of information out there -especially about the longer term, lower dose toxicity. I have read all of your stories and sincerely wonder how everyone is doing.

Well...i would NOT suggest taking anything with B6 in it. I did the same ( a low dose "natural" supplement) and had a terrible relapse. I have been able to tolerate all other supplements and I do think it is important to support your body with them.

In terms of leg weakness, Yes! I had that and arm weakness. I am still not back to normal but I am able to work almost full time. I am a massage therapist and life coach so my work can be pretty physical. I do still have twitching, exercise intolerance and I tire easily. I am hopeful this will continue to heal.

I would recommend considering the compounding vitamins. The company is called: Metabolic Maintenance.

warmly,
savmay
Savmay,
Thank you for your suggestion on compounding. I am looking into that and food source vitamins as well. In the interim I have been juicing lots of veggies about 2x a day - I think it helps somewhat with energy and I know the antioxidants are very important in the detox process.

To others:
I am working on a letter to the FDA - the public must be warned about the effects of B6 (pyrodxine). FYI: there are three forms of B6, pyrodoxine (in most supplements),  pyrodoxal 5 phosphate (the immediately bioavailable form), and a third form - pyrodoxamine; which was banned from supplements by the FDA in February. It is now deemed a drug and sold by prescription only. We are all suffereing from a long term, horrible and unnecessary illness. In my writing to the FDA I will reference this website, as I think it contains some of the most accurate information out there on the subject.

If you have B6 toxicity and have not yet posted, please do so! If you have already posted, please write an update on your condition. Hopefully if enough people speak up, the FDA can insist that vitamin manufacturers either lower the B6 amounts in their products and or include warnings that list toxicity symptoms. While this is clearly not the biggest problem in the world today, it is very fixable. Lives of many have been temporarily shattered. A warning on a bottle would have saved me long before I got so sick. I feel obligated to take some action and keep this from happening to others. So please, post here and or write to the FDA. Include your dose and how long you took it.

Best wishes to all and feel free to message me directly.
Contessa

Thank you for writing that letter! I think that is an important step and one that can make a difference. I tell everyone I know about what happened in hopes of keeping someone else from getting sick.

warmly,
Sav
I thought I'd come back and update.

From October 2008 - March 2009, I cut out foods with moderate to high amounts of vitamin B. I got to the point where I only ate something off of this list every day of my life:

-celery
-lettuce
-chocolate
-sugar
-milk
-ice cream
-cheese
-yogurt
-whey protein
-eggs
-lemon bars
-honey
-olive oil
-beef
-strawberries
-raspberries
-prune juice

Eventually, I was also able to eat pasta occasionally in small amounts.

Then, accidentally, in March 2009, I discovered that if I took digestive enzymes with meals, I felt SO MUCH better. My pain decreased from excruciating to low or moderate. That was a huge improvement.

I went out and bought different types and brands of digestive enzymes and found one that helped me the most. It was the Nature's Plus brand entitled "Digestive Enzyme." I have no idea if there's something specific to my biology that my body wasn't ridding itself of the excess B6 in my nerve damaged areas or if digestive enzymes would help other people. I just thought it was worth posting in case it could help someone else as much as it has helped me.

Now, if I ever eat foods with vitamin B in them without taking a digestive enzyme, I get the pain again, so somehow the digestive enzymes help my body deal with things differently. But little by little, my pain is lessening so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I told my doctor about this and he tested me for Celiac Disease but the results were negative. For now, as long as I take digestive enzymes with my meals, I'm able to eat everything except for potatoes, corn or bananas and have minimal to no pain.
Thanks for writing to the FDA. Please, let us know if you need more help from me.

In April 2008 I had a blood test done for B6 toxicity and my levels were high but still in the normal range. According to the 18 different doctors I've seen now, there's no commonly accepted test for B6 toxicity.

My pain started during my pregnancy in 2007.

What I took that seemed to cause my health issues was:
-regular prenatal vitamins
-B6 supplements (I think they were 250mg)
-Venastat with horse chestnut root
-Metamucil fiber capsules

I took these 3-6 times a week (so, not daily) for about 15 months until I figured out that they were contributing to my pain.
Thanks for the update. That is very interesting about the enzymes. For me, the pain was not my main symptom but that maybe a big help to others. Did you have any other symptoms - like the muscle weakness or fatigue, and did you go through a "detox" phase (initially getting worse at first when you stopped the supplements)? Also, how much B6 was in your prenatal vitamin?

Glad you are doing better,
Contessa

I just had a pyridoxal phosphate test done, and should have results in about two weeks.
I will report the result to you if interested.  I have taken some kind of B-6 for about 36 years now.  
The thought behind toxicity, is that possibly the liver is not converting the pyridoxine to
the P-5-P form, which may mean a phosphate issue in the liver, somewhere it's not doing the job.  So the pyridoxine floats around and is essentially toxic because it is not
in it's proper chemical form.  Some suggest the safe level is 50mgs. a day, no more.
Others suggest that up to 250 or even 500 mgs. a day are safe, especially if taken with
other B's.  I myself, do not believe that, that's just my own opinion after all these years.
It apparently is rare to get a toxic effect from over 115mgs. a day or so, but there are a
few case reports of under that amount being toxic.  Like anything, we are all different and
there is bound to be someone who responds badly to a smaller amount of pyridoxine.
A newer form available now as a supplement is I believe Pyridoxal, and is claimed to have none of the potential side effects of plain old pyridoxine hcl.  Chemically speaking,
it has been long suggested that pyridoxine changes to P-5-P in the body, so taking the
co-enzyme form is a waste of money.  However, I have heard of people using it and finding no apparenty toxicity issues.  
Dr. Roger Williams (deceased) said that stores of all B vitamins remained in cells for weeks and sometimes months.

fb  CN
You got me thinking about the enzyme thing...and I did some research on porphyria. Particularly the form called acute intermittent porphyria. Has anyone been tested for this? I know Karby (above/2008) mentioned her dr. wanting to test but did not post the result. For me it could explain some of my wierd symptoms that are not textbook B6 toxicity effects. Could be relevant for some of us who are poisoned at relatively doses. Just a theory but I'm going to look into it further...will let you know how it goes.

Contessa
My pyridoxal phosphat test results:

Very high.

Normal range: 20-95 nmol/L
Result: 242
That does sound like a high number, but did they give you any feedback on what it means? I am quite sure that pyridoxal phosphate is the same as P5P (aka pyridoxal 5 phosphate, sometimes just "pyridoxal") -which is supposedly the usable, non-toxic form. Given that they all supposedly have a short lifespan in the blood, if you are not taking supplements now, my question would be - where is it coming from? It is my understanding that different foods contain the various forms (pyridoxine, P5P or pyridoxamine). Did they also test for pyridoxine?

I'm seeing a hematologist on Friday to discuss the porphyria question. Will follow up....

Contessa
Contessa765

I looked in my old daily prenatal vitamins and the B6 is 2.6mg, so, not much. But I was also taking a B6 supplement about 3 times a week (I really can't remember how much was in there, maybe 200mg, or 500mg) and I also took Horse Chesnut Root (to prevent varicose veins) and I have not been able to find out if that also has vitamin B in it or not but it sure does make my pain worse when I take it, so I suspect that it does.

In addition to my awful awful neuropathy, I had constant fatigue, and still have some. At my worst, I was off balance and would fall once in a while when I walked on uneven land (like a hill) but I was pregnant, so I blamed the balance issues on that.

Once I started taking digestive enzymes, I started having the bad vivid dreams at night and sleeping very deeply. When I take the digestive enzymes, my hands and feet tingle more. So I suspect that somehow the B6 is/was being stored in my breasts (where the nerve damage must have been from pregnancy) and gets dispersed to the rest of my body with the digestive enzymes.

I never did go through a detox period though. Once I discovered the digestive enzymes, I went from a constant 10 on the pain scale (where 10 is worst) to about a constant 3. I've been taking digestive enzymes with every single meal for 4 months now. Now, I'd say that if I don't eat food at all for about 18-24 hours, I'm at about a constant 1, so minimal. And then if I eat foods without digestive enzymes, my pain shoots up to about a 6 or 7, but if I eat foods with digestive enzymes, my pain goes up to about a 3, for about 6-8 hours and then back down to a 1.

The digestive enzymes that help me most are by Nature's Plus. They make many varieties but the ones that help me most are just called "Digestive Enzyme." I looked at the list of ingredients and tried to buy just the components so I could see what was helping me most. I ruled out pancreatin, pepsin and HCl. I suspect that what's been helping me with my pain is the malt diastase, also known as maltase. But I haven't been able to order only that enzyme without others in the mix.

Link to the digestive enzyme that I take:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31PAXQEZ0EL._SL500_AA280_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Plus-Digestive-Enzyme-tablets/dp/B00014DY4Y&usg=__rObqY_mk5w7lrU8wkE9Hoz2QjFs=&h=280&w=280&sz=10&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=vP0Jn406pU-cFM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnatur%2527s%2Bplus%2Bdigestive%2Benzyme%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

Megan
I experienced peripheral neuropathy after taking 100mg of B6 (pyroxidone) daily for several months. This past winter my hands and feet got the numbness effect like never before. My hands would tingle anytime I bent my arms or put pressure against them. The nerve damage also gave me insomnia. I stopped B6 in April, 2009, and the symptoms have slowly decreased. I'm now falling alsepp much easier than earlier this year.

Another effect peripheral neuropathy might of caused is hair loss. I formally had extra thick hair due to the highly nutritious diet I eat. Now my hair is so thin I'm using gel for the first time in 20 years.

Has anyone else noticed hair loss from peripheral neuropathy?
Just a short update. My B6 toxicity symptoms seemed to be subsiding over time. I still had pain after eating potatoes and anything containing soy lecithin, but was doing better in general and had a light at the end of the tunnel.

A month ago, instead of resuming a multivitamin, I started taking some vitamins separately: C, Iron, Calcium and Folic Acid.

After that, my B6 toxicity has worsened again and I'm in constant pain again, especially after eating any foods high in Thiamine (B1), Niacin (B3), B6 or Folic Acid.

The C, Iron and Calcium do not cause me pain, but I was surprised that the B9 did. I've stopped taking that. Sadly, it's still in many cereals (they're all fortified) and breads.

jholley, FWIW, I have never noticed any thinning of my hair during any of this, but have definitely had increased fatigue and trouble sleeping.
I am still working on a difinitive diagnosis or rule out of porphyria as having a role in my B6 toxicity - a question in my mind as I am still very sensitive to any supplements (w/o B6) and other meds. Even the juicing caused me problems after while - seems things just build up in my system. Still working on ruling out porphyria as having a role - anyone with questions on testing let me know - I had to corresond with one of the top experts in the country in TX to get to the bottom of how to test. I am trying to get an apt. with someone at Mt. Sinai in NYC who specializes in porhyria.

I have noticed thinning of my hair through this - especially about 3-4 months after my worst phase. I think this is common after stressful events, such as illneses and surgeries, and should probably not be permanent. B6 is also involved in hormones, and hormones influence hair growth, so that could also be a possible factor. This is one of the big challenges with this toxicity - B6 is invoved in over a hundred different chain reactions in the body, so it is really hard to know what is going on.

I am one year off B6 at the end of Sept. I still go up and down. I am not able to work, still have leg weakness, feet that ache severely after standing a while, neck and shoulder pain, spells of feeling spacy, brain fog, abdominal pain (for a year now, left side, with normal cat scan) eye problems ( severe dryness, can't be on the computer very long- eyes feel "weak" - anyone else have this?) also spells of respiratory weakness. I still have the pins and needles feeling in my feet at times (worse with cool weather) , and some numbness in my finger tips, along with tachycardia that comes and goes, and I am still quite fatigued. The weird thing is, there are periods when I feel normal for a while and then symptoms relapse - anyone else experience this?

My neuro isn't even convinced its B6 toxicity - he seems to not know about all the ways B6 can mess with a person. I am also seeing a new neuro at Mt. Sinai who hopefully knows more about this.

I really do think from all my research that long term, slow, low dose( 25- 50mg)  B6 poisioning is different from high dose poisioning. I also think more is known about the high dose poisioning because those cases are more easily diagnosed - people taking these high doses are often under a drs care, and hence the side effects more frequently reported. People are more inclined to know they're doing something different, and stop sooner. Also, the test studies are usually done with higher amounts, and the "subjects", human or otherwise, discontinue B6 at the onset of symptoms. (hence all the info that says subjects recovered completely w/in six months).Noone is studying people who have inadvertently been poisioning themselves for years. And I know I'm not the first to have a dr dismiss the notion of B6 toxicity becuase of taking such a "small amount". Not that the high doese poisiong sounds any less horrible, just making the point that Drs are just not aware of the fact that this can affect people very differently, and dose and length of time taken is probabaly a big factor.

Just venting some frustration and sharing my continued experinence, in hopes that it might be helpful to someone. I really appreciate all the feedback on this site, and would be happy to hear from anyone else going through this.

Hope everyone is doing better,
Contessa

Three weeks ago my neuro prescribed me Trileptal. I started off taking 150mg per day and am now taking 300mg per day. This is one of the anti-seizure drugs that can also treat peripheral neuropathy. Within a week of taking this drug the numbness and tingling went away. I'm now falling alseep within minutes and I'm picking up much less hair after those showers.
My neuro said I'll just need to take this for around 3 to 5 months while my nerves slowly heal.
I am thankful for everyone posting here.  I find the lack of information regarding B6 toxicity so frustrating.

I too have been diagnosed with B6 toxicity (June 2009).  I believe my problems started due to a prolonged period (around 7 or 8 yrs) on combination estrogen-progestin birth control pills.  After years on the pill, I began to have problems that I now believe were caused by a deficiency in B6 (panic attacks, horrible swelling and water retention in my legs).  I noticed finally that I felt better if I took a multi-vitamin but even after several months on the multi-vitamin, my symptoms didn't subside, and I finally quit the pill in May 2006.  Reading up, I discovered birth control pills often cause a deficiency in B vitamins, so I started taking a more potent multi-vitamin containing 80 mg. of B6 daily.  For awhile, I felt better, and then I just started feeling worse & worse.  I now think something about being on the pill (or maybe being deficient in B6) sensitized my body to B6.

I began to have all the classic symptoms of B6 toxicity--panic attacks & high anxiety, tingling (especially in the extremities), a most horrible fatigue, brain fog, gassiness, nausea, depression, etc.  I went to my PCP multiple times and was basically ignored.  (I do have a past with depression & eating disorders but had been in recovery some years.)  I was treated like a hypochrondriac and sent to a psychiatrist.  I later consulted a rheumatologist thinking maybe it was fibromyalgia, and she did some blood tests (but not for B6) and nothing showed up.  Finally, only a few months ago, I sent myself to a neurologist (thanks for not referring me, doctors!), and she did test B6 levels as well as ordering MRIs (the MRIs came back clear).  Basically my B6 levels came back off the charts--the neuro. said normal range was something like 2-20 and my levels came back over 200!  She told me to stop my multi-vitamin and not to eat cereals, energy drinks, etc. fortified with B6.

But why wasn't this tested ages ago?  First, I was complaining repeatedly in 2005 when the problem started (which that time I believe it was the deficiency in B6).  Every time I've gone to the doctor, when they ask you to write down your medications & supplements, I listed the multi-vitamin right in the paperwork and it was basically ignored and I was made to feel like I was imagining my symptoms.

What really angers me is that between all this, I was pregnant with my daughter (and yes, put on a prescription prenatal vitamin containing B6), I was told to take a multi-vitamin while breastfeeding my daughter (she is still breastfeeding at 21 months--much less now but she has been an extremely high needs baby and I do wonder if B6 played any role in this).  Thank God my daughter appears to be developing and meeting milestones correctly (other than being on the low end in weight but I am on the small side & DH is quite thin too so that may just be genetics) because I was pregnant & breastfeeding her with B6 toxicity without knowing it until she was 18 months old.

Obviously, I stopped my multi-vitamin in June 2009 after finding out about the B6 toxicity and am careful to buy cereals not fortified with extra B6.  My husband has remarked that lately my skin seems to have better color & I'm less pale and look healthier, but I still do have many symptoms of the B6 toxicity.  I know B6 & estrogen interact in some way and breastfeeding isn't helping matters (keeping estrogen levels lower) but I did always plan to let my daughter self wean and I figure any damage from the B6 in my breastmilk is likely done and there shouldn't be too much in there now that I'm not taking a multi-vitamin.  At this point anyway, DD is mostly comfort nursing and not drinking all that much breastmilk.  It helps with the 2 yr. molar teething, and that is the only thing that seems to help calm her crankiness.

I have found very little to consistently help with the B6 toxicity.  I do notice the effects of it seem to correlate with my menstrual cycle (I'm not dumb enough to do another round with hormones so I have a nonhormonal copper IUD).  The thing I have found to help the most is vigorous exercise, so I go to the gym and lift weights and do cardio 6 days a week.  I'm trying to eliminate the caffeine (the constant fatigue makes it hard) and making more of an effort to get my nutrients through diet & not vitamins (especially since I can't take a multi-vitamin because one does not exist without B6 in it).  Acupuncture seemed to help a bit as does chiropracty.  I have low back pain I think may be related to the B6/low estrogen/post-pregnancy, take your pick.  But sometimes after the chiropractic adjustments, I will feel burning & warmth in certain areas and it feels like muscles or ligaments that have just been so tight relax (muscle relaxers don't work to relax them, believe me, I tried those too).

For those of you who have been off the B6 awhile, what separate vitamins do you recommend taking to help with the B6 toxicity?

Interestingly, a couple months after I tested positive for B6 toxicity, my husband started complaining of an overwhelming fatigue and he was sleeping all the time (it was what I wanted to do with the B6 toxicity but with a baby to care for couldn't).  I knew he took a multi-vitamin with about half the B6 as the one I had been taking (40 mg.) and he was inconsistent with it, would skip days or a week here or there.  I told him he should ask his doctor to test his B6 levels when he went in for his thyroid workup (he has been on thyroid meds. since he was a teenager).  He did and his levels came back high too!  Not as high as mine but way above the threshold for normal.  This is not an isolated problem, and I just know so many others are out there suffering with this and being dismissed as hypochondriacs by their doctors.

Cheryl
Thank you for posting - it is so helpful to her from others. It is amazing how many have toxicity at "low" doses. I am so frustrated that I never had a correct blood test while on the supplements, so all my doctors still think I am nuts.

As for supplements, a combination of acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid is well documented for helping with nerve pain and healing, as is B12. (See Savmay's posts above.) Personally, I have not really been able to tolerate anything, but everyone is different. I previously reacted very badly to they B12 methycobalamin sublingual (takling a whole tablet- which is about 16,000% of the RDA).

Recently I have been taking D-Ribose (Jarrow or Corvalen brand is best) - 4 grams 2x day and a crumb of the B12 tablet 1x daily. This is working wonders at the moment. The D-Ribose helps with energy and muscle endurance, and after a week I notice my leg weakness seems much improved. So far this is the only protocol that has worked for me-time will tell....

Regarding the interaction of B6 and hormones, I wish I knew more. I do find odd correlations with my menstrual cycle, I seem at my best late in my cycle, post ovulation & before my cycle starts. Sometimes the day before it starts my nerves feel fried, my leg muscles are especially weak and I am unusually fatigued. I have noticed that my cycle has gotten longer through all this, and that I often feel quite low at the end (days 10-14). I believe this is when hormone levels are lowest, especially progesterone. Again, everyones levels are different, but I have wondered at times is anyone else has this up and down nuture to their symptoms and some predictability in flare ups tied to their menstral cycle.

On another subject, as I am increasingly frustrated with my inabailty to work as time goes by - I keep thinking -shouldn't the vitamin company bear some liability for this? I am giving serious thought to legal action - at least to cover lost income and the basic destruction of a successful careeer. I have no idea if I will get anywhere, but it seems we should all be entitled to restitution. I wonder if anyone else has explored this. I will post any developments and also I am offering support to anyone else seeking to pursue this process.

Contessa