Nutrition Community
Beginner vegan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Beginner vegan

i am trying to pursue the lifestyle of a vegan. What should I eat on a daily basis that will keep me healthy without having to consume meat or any animal substances?
What are some example foods that I could have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Snacks?
First, know that not everyone is suited for this diet, so watch your reaction.  Second, the rules of the road aren't different than for any other way of eating -- you need the same things.  For protein, beans, nuts and seeds are very good -- soy is nearly a complete protein.  Any bean eaten with a whole grain gives you a nearly complete protein.  The two nutrients that are hardest to get are methionine, an amino acid, and B12, so be sure to eat foods that have them.  You also need your good fats, which you can get from avocadoes, flax seeds, hemp seeds, algaes.  Seaweed gives you great minerals.  But basically, there are hundreds of good books on vegan diets and before you start I'd get a few.