Aa
A
A
Close
Best time to weigh your self
I have been trying to lose some weight and was just curious of when the best time of day is to weigh your self?  Thanks for any help.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi Tracy1315,

If you want to weigh yourself, probably the morning is the best time.
I've heard it's best to weigh yourself at the same time. Personally, I
wouldn't want to weigh myself every day. Hope this helps. Eve :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1964726 tn?1368051414
I weigh myself first thing in the morning before I eat or drink anything.  This works Monday - Friday.  On the weekends I have coffee, breakfast and usually 16 oz. of water before I get around to taking my shower.  So, when I weigh myself there's usually a 2-3 lb increase over Friday's weight.
I don't take my weekend weigh-ins seriously since I know that there's a food/drink and time difference.  On Mondays, I'm right back in the range I was on Friday.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
You know, it really doesn't matter, since maintaining weight or changing weight is a long process.  Weight varies for different reasons through the day, including distance from your last meal and how much water is in your system.  Don't sweat the day to day, this takes time, so anytime you weight yourself will give you a pretty good indicator of how you're doing given you're weighing yourself regularly.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
It doesn't matter when, as long as it's consistent. I weigh myself once a week on the same day, and in the evening.

I think daily weigh-ins don't really give you a true picture, and for me, seems a road to stress. I like to see a change and you wouldn't get that on a daily basis
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Anxiety disorder - am...
11 mins ago
Blank
CamLp uploaded new photos
11 mins ago
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank