Nutrition Expert Forum
Biotin overdose?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Biotin overdose?

Hi! I read that it was not possible to overdose on biotin and that whatever excess you consume is excreeted in the urine.  I started taking 1000mcg of biotin and whenever I take it I get very spaced out and dizzy....why is that..Its my second time taking it.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'2 1/2
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
100
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
22
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
You are right that the sign of toxicity is the excess is excreted into the urine. The recommended daily intake for your age is 30µg. Suggest if you are having a reaction that you take only the recommended daily dose or not at all. It is in our foods and deficiency is rare.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
267079_tn?1195146570
Renee RadenbergBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
2 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
1344197_tn?1392822771
Blank
Vaginal vs. Laparoscopic Hysterecto...
Feb 19 by J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank